Author Topic: MSN plugin is broken again, fix-solution for developers  (Read 41393 times)

Offline Der Jude

Shalom goyim.
Macrohard started blocking 2008 and earlier MSN clients, which did affect Miranda, however 2012+ ones are connecting fine, Outlook MSN webclient is working too.
To fix it update msn ApplicationID in the plugin source to newer version, as stated here http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/most-third-party-messenger-clients-have-gone-offline-temporarily/
just edit the code to change the above ID to the 2009 or 2012 ones, which are AAD9B99B-58E6-4F23-B975-D9EC1F9EC24A or 484AAC02-7F59-41B7-9601-772045DCC569
Please hurry up with this, I have shekels to make around my msn contacts.

Offline ghazan

Re: MSN plugin is broken again, fix-solution for developers
« Reply #1 on: 13 11 2014, 16:43:56 »
Guten Abend, mein jüdischer Freund ;)

That fix is already ported from Trillian and committed into our repo. The compiled binary will be available tonight
אני רוצה שתרוויח הרבה שקלים, בהצלחה

Offline calabar

« Reply #2 on: 14 11 2014, 08:31:39 »
I was just wondering why my MSN protocol didn't connect anymore.
Thanks for the fix, will it be available through the Updater plugin for the stable release? (0.95.2)

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 14 11 2014, 10:40:44 »
no, you should switch temporarily to the development branch, and then return back after the foregoing release of 0.95.3

current trunk is pretty stable, so you risk of nothing

Offline calabar

« Reply #4 on: 16 11 2014, 09:36:00 »
Thanks!  :)
I think I'll wait for the next stable release, it would be too work for me to update all my Miranda and come back again.
I hope the next update will be released soon, as a lot more time than usual has elapsed since the last update.

Offline watcher

« Reply #5 on: 16 11 2014, 09:55:03 »
I think I'll wait for the next stable release, it would be too work for me to update all my Miranda and come back again.

2 clicks exactly.

I hope the next update will be released soon, as a lot more time than usual has elapsed since the last update.

If would go for speed - we would just call one of the unstable version stable (this is often the case).
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #6 on: 16 11 2014, 16:53:16 »
2 clicks exactly.
Not exactly.
I manage my copies of Miranda a bit "manually", as I use it in portable mode. Besides, I've various copied in various computer for all the family. The work is quite long. So, as I've few time in this period, I prefer to wait.

If would go for speed - we would just call one of the unstable version stable (this is often the case).
Oh, you misunderstood what I mean.
I simply mean that, as it is passed much time from the last update, I can hope that the next one is not so far away in time.  :)

Offline watcher

Re:MSN plugin is broken again, fix-solution for developers
« Reply #7 on: 02 12 2014, 17:10:19 »
MSN was updated in stable branch. Check for updates.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #8 on: 02 12 2014, 18:14:14 »
Thanks!
MSN connected! ;)

Offline paloris

« Reply #9 on: 03 12 2014, 12:07:24 »
Thanks for the submit!

Offline unitwobble

« Reply #10 on: 05 12 2014, 13:02:33 »
Thanks for the fix.
Login is working but now messages don't get sent or received when contacts lose their allowed status (green star) in the Server List.
Not exactly sure why it does that. I've noticed it happen when I log in or when the other person changes their status to Busy.
Checked the web messenger on people.live.com and alot of messages are lost when they get unmarked randomly.

Offline unitwobble

« Reply #11 on: 07 12 2014, 02:48:41 »
This site is compiling the status and quirks of the MSN service:
http://ismsndeadyet.com/

Nothing concrete on the contact list problem. It states to remove and re-add the contact, but I've tried that and it doesn't work. On miranda, it doesn't even save the contact to the server list, so you'll have to readd it when it resets.

Haven't timed it but the contact list resets after an amount of time. A "dirty" fix I can think of is to force the msn plugin to upload the local contact list every few minutes.

Offline calabar

« Reply #12 on: 17 12 2014, 19:55:34 »
I've some problem too.

I tried with two different account on two computer in my local network. Miranda is substantially the same (the last stable with the same plugins and nearly the same settings), only the MSN account changes.

The two contact's can't see online each other. Messages don't arrives. Both protocols are online, obviously.
I tried to delete and add again the contact in one of the two PC, and after I requested the authorization, it seems that the problem was solved. Unfortunately, the next time I connected the second Miranda, the problem was there again.
I tried the same with he first Miranda, the two contacts was able to see again each other, but I can't send messages (it timed out every time).
Then I put the first Miranda offline and then online, and it told me that the contact was removed from the server and asked me if I want to keep it as local contact.
This is my present situation!

EDIT: playing with the "stars" in the MSN server list I'm able to make the two contacts visible each other. Unfortunately it seems impossible to send messages. If I disconnect and reconnect the MSN protocol, again Miranda inform me that the contact has been removed from the server and ask me if I want to keep it as a local contact.
« Last Edit: 19 12 2014, 08:15:55 by calabar »

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #13 on: 19 12 2014, 10:06:10 »
Is it dead? Can't login

Offline calabar

« Reply #14 on: 21 12 2014, 08:21:31 »
@Dimsok
Did you updated to the latest version of the MSN plugin? I'm using the 0.11.1.1 and it connects without problems.

The problem seem to be that the server don't accept anything I do with this client. So I can't authorize a new contact that tries to add me to his list, I can't add a new contact myself, I can't change active/inactive/blocked/etc... status of my contacts and so on.

As temporary workaround, is there a way I can add a new contact using another client, for example some official web client, so that once added I can message with him using Miranda?

Any news about this problem in MSN protocol? Has it been detected?