Author Topic: news aggregator - looped  (Read 12855 times)

Offline alekksander

news aggregator - looped
« on: 11 11 2014, 16:00:21 »
Hello!
I'm fairly new to this forum, however i'm using miranda ng for about a year (earlier im version for many years).
Because my favorite browser with build-in rss reader is no longer developed i moved my feeds to miranda and i'd be very comfortable and happy with it, only if it works... the only rss plugin is awfully bugged. In my case it gets the same feeds over and over again. Sometimes it gets just latest one, other times it takes more - up to 4 days old and... shows them chronologically backwards. Few feeds are not readable at all. I've checked 0.1.0.2 and 0.0.0.1. Both seem to be drunk ;)  :DRINK:

Here are examples of what happens:

http://www.soulseekqt.net/news/rss.xml - shows last news ("Risky Business") on every check, whether it's manual or auto check. after removing and adding again shows all news over and over again for few times, then back to repeating just last feed

http://feeds.feedburner.com/dobreprogramy/Aktualnosci - from today back to 4days old messages. however not every time, and not all of them. (note on attachment, that 14:36 news showed up few minutes after 14:00, and was published on 13:36)

http://rss.trojmiasto.pl/rss,1.xml - one news from today, rest from yesterday (for some reason that behavior changed after many many checks, and not it just show last feed over and over again )

https://github.com/Emdek/otter/commits/master.atom - does not work at all

http://feeds.feedburner.com/ZaufanaTrzeciaStrona - surprisingly works fine (at least so far)

http://kojevnikov.com/spek.xml - seem to be fine as well

sorry for chaotic explanations, but NewsAggregator.dll behavior is chaotic as well...
« Last Edit: 11 11 2014, 16:08:20 by alekksander »

Offline Mataes

Re: news aggregator - looped
« Reply #1 on: 11 11 2014, 18:34:26 »
i ll test all your feeds and all works correctly. Can you try on new profile? Or you can try to check your database with dbchecker

Offline watcher

« Reply #2 on: 11 11 2014, 18:49:26 »
Or you can try to check your database with dbchecker

With checkbox "Mark all as read" enabled
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline alekksander

« Reply #3 on: 11 11 2014, 19:02:22 »
i run dbchecker and no errors found. two more feeds are not working now (happen already before dbchecker), and other (soulseek) is giving me the same one news few times in a row after i start program. i have database encryption set to total. after setting to standard plugin behavior is different, but still not good. clean profile works fine :( any ideas what to do next? i've spent literally days on configuring my miranda, setting profile from the beginning would be a nightmare...
« Last Edit: 11 11 2014, 19:11:28 by alekksander »

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 11 11 2014, 19:10:29 »
and other (soulseek) is giving me the same one news few times in a row after i start program

Try to kill this feed with all of its history and re-add it.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline alekksander

« Reply #5 on: 11 11 2014, 19:17:41 »
Try to kill this feed with all of its history and re-add it.

okay, did it... now it gives me all feeds, everytime when i start miranda

Offline Mataes

« Reply #6 on: 11 11 2014, 19:31:25 »
can you change encryption type to standard?

Offline Mataes

« Reply #7 on: 11 11 2014, 19:34:44 »
Or one more variant: can you delete NewsAgregator from database?

Offline watcher

« Reply #8 on: 11 11 2014, 21:18:28 »
Or one more variant: can you delete NewsAgregator from database?

Meaning - whole branch of the plugin from database.
Please read forum rules.

Offline alekksander

« Reply #9 on: 11 11 2014, 21:30:54 »
after a while of playing with standard\total (eventually left standard) encryption, adding feeds, checking manually often etc. clean profile got "drunk" too..
i'm sorry to say that, but there is clearly something wrong with this plugin. even with new untouched profile news feeds are sorted backwards until i close and re-open feed window...

Meaning - whole branch of the plugin from database.

i just did so. then added all feeds again. it's better than before, but... some of them lost "visualisation" option content after restart. all of the sudden last.fm feed stopped scrobbling every 15 minutes (probably few others too, but there is no news on the other websites, so i will report tomorrow when there is new content available)

ps. time problem is ongoing too. pay attention hours from attachment
« Last Edit: 11 11 2014, 21:36:44 by alekksander »

Offline Mataes

« Reply #10 on: 12 11 2014, 05:07:19 »
even with new untouched profile news feeds are sorted backwards until i close and re-open feed window...

it is not a plugin problem. it add news as they presented in xml file.
I can't reproduce any of your problems, so i can't fix any of them... tonight i ll try to use total encryption. without it all works fine

Offline Mataes

« Reply #11 on: 12 11 2014, 08:13:32 »
watcher found problem. i think tonight i ll fix it

Offline Mataes

« Reply #12 on: 12 11 2014, 15:10:39 »
i think i fix this bug. You can check in tomorrow nightly build

Offline alekksander

« Reply #13 on: 12 11 2014, 16:12:58 »
do You mean the time related bug, or general weird behavior one?
okay i will download dev version tomorrow and report back. thanks!

Offline alekksander

« Reply #14 on: 16 11 2014, 17:46:15 »
on suggested newest dev build i there are still some issues. i still receive the same news from few feeds (youtube for instance, but not only). the visualisation option is now filled with feed address - and that concerns all of my feeds. any ideas what to do next? before installing dev version i removed all traces of newsaggregator plugin