Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 10952 times)

Offline Scrappy

Twitter
« on: 20 09 2014, 10:31:46 »
...ok it might sound a little bit stupid but where can i enter my twitter username ?  :-\ . When adding the twitter protocol there is no place i see that asks that.. ??? Maybe its me but well i don't know at the moment. I have a twitter acount and don't want to create another one.

Offline Robyer

Re: Twitter
« Reply #1 on: 20 09 2014, 15:55:51 »
Scrappy, if I remember correctly, when you first switch protocol to Online, it should open webbrowser with Twitter API confirmation or something like that. Have you tried that?

But it's weird that in accounts manager is only "Username" label and no editbox. It should inform user in a better way what he should do...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #2 on: 20 09 2014, 17:05:52 »
first thanks for the response.

well when i first set the protocol to online it just wants to connect but nothing happens. I have removed and added the protocol many times but nothing works (it did in the past as far as i know) :-[
It looks like it wants to connect but with no username or something like that  :-\ .
There is not one moment that is asks for my twitter username, only a accountname (is that the username ?) but that doesn't work either.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 20 09 2014, 18:48:10 »
I created new account, switched to online and it immediatelly showed dialog to add Twitter PIN and opened website to authorize Miranda. Try to delete and recreate your twitter account in Miranda.

Btw I'm testing it on development version, maybe it's broken on stable?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #4 on: 22 09 2014, 08:36:05 »
switched to online and it immediatelly showed dialog to add Twitter PIN and opened website to authorize Miranda

well that doesn't happen here  :-[ . Tryed the latest stable and unstable 64bit versions but no dice. I don't get a twitter PIN it just wants to connect but it has no twitter user name........

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 22 09 2014, 14:26:12 »
Maybe it's a problem in 64 bit version. If I remember correctly then similar problem was with Steam protocol.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #6 on: 22 09 2014, 14:36:57 »
Yep, kind of.

I had an issue where I once didn't know that I would get the authentication widow and I closed miranda under the impression I had missed something (to input the SteamGuard code into). When I started miranda again and tried to connect, I never got the authentication window again.

To solve this, I logged in to steam from the actual application and revoked login permissions for all of the authenticated connections. Upon next miranda login, I was presented with the steamguard input box again and this time I didn't miss it.

Can you somehow revoke authentication of your attached twitter devices? It may be worth a shot.

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #7 on: 01 10 2014, 12:42:54 »
I revoked all authentication in twitter for any Miranda access but still it won't come up with a new request.........

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #8 on: 05 10 2014, 07:03:41 »
....can i use the 32bit version in a 64bit miranda ??

Offline watcher

« Reply #9 on: 05 10 2014, 07:22:56 »
Scrappy, no - you can't.

Post Merge: 05 10 2014, 07:24:04
But you can try a fresh 32-bit miranda to see id problem presists for you. Just for testing.
« Last Edit: 05 10 2014, 07:24:20 by watcher »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #10 on: 12 10 2014, 11:23:20 »
ok started a clean miranda ng 32b version with stable 32b twitter plugin. All auth. for twitter are still revoked in twitter account. Starting miranda and adding a twitter account results in a message "  OAuth Tokens not received, check your internet connection? " when i set the plugin online. I have internet connection. Tested that with adding another plugin (ICQ) and that works.

Offline watcher

« Reply #11 on: 12 10 2014, 12:31:51 »
I've just tried and got authorized. 32-bit Miranda.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Scrappy

« Reply #12 on: 13 10 2014, 18:40:54 »
Thx all for replying/helping

twitter is working again, had some problems with torrents and a game so i cleaned everything up, registry - defrag - optimize - new wlan driver,
and just now after reading watcher's reply i started miranda ng and set twitter online (64b version) and a popup came asking a twitter pin !!!!

pffff dont know what did the trick but i am glad it works again !!

THX ALL !!!   :DRINK:

Offline Thug

« Reply #13 on: 18 11 2021, 09:44:16 »
Sorry for necroposting, but according to the thread name it should be a suitable place for my question :)
When someone posts a long tweet I receive a cropped message with a link in miranda and have to follow that link to read the full tweet on the website, which is not very convenient. Is it possible to make tweets come to miranda in full size?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #14 on: 18 11 2021, 15:23:37 »
Can you provide a netlog, which shows the arrival of such a tweet?

I think that the server sends only a part of the tweet and the link.

« Last Edit: 18 11 2021, 15:27:09 by dartraiden »