Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Feature requests

TabSRMM: Improve/rework "SendLater" to become faux offline messaging

(1/6) > >>

Vulpix:
Hello all!

I'm curious how difficult it would be to change / implement a so-called "faux offline messaging" into tabsrmm.

Currently, tabsrmm has an option to send later / retry / keep trying etc.  This is _almost_ good enough, but not quite.. since the time between attempts increases exponentially, and in the end, the plugin sort of gives up until you restart miranda (which is documented; I'm not saying this is a bad behavior).

What I'm looking for is the ability to handle offline messages like Skype used to:

Core features:

* Keep trying to deliver the message until it is received or cancelled by the sender or a long period of time passes.
* Only start trying when the target (contact) comes/is online (protocols that support offline messages don't _really_ need this feature)
Quality of life features:

* Automatically switch into "faux offline messaging" when talking to an offline contact of a protocol that does not support offline messaging.
* Possibly handle the message with its original timestamp, ie. so that it appears in the history at the time when it was sent
The advantage of this would be the protocol-independent nature of these messages, i.e. no support in protocol required for this to work. Kind of like FileAsMessage does file transfers over any protocol as well.

Thoughts?

Robyer:
I like this idea. But I don't know how complicated would be implementation or who will do it  ???

mida:
how can i change in the settings or db editor++ that tabsrmm get lesser time for sending a message?
a few times if im sending a message it feels that it needs 30 seconds until i get the popup my message cant sent.

watcher:
mida, in which protocol?

mida:
it was mainly in icq, maybe a little connection lost but was only a few times.
from last 30 days was it less as 10 messages where tabsrmm says me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version