Author Topic: Problem with SkypeClassic  (Read 7762 times)

Offline FeLDMaRShaL

Problem with SkypeClassic
« on: 26 08 2014, 06:53:18 »
I'm sorry but I will try to repeat this theme.

Hi!
I have noticed a problem with native Skype client and SkypeClassic plugin.
First message from contacts didn't arrive to Miranda. It arrives only after second message from a contact or if I manually open Skype chat window for this contact. After this all messages arrives normally if these is no big time gap in conversation.
Is where a way to fix this problem? Maybe some tweaks to Miranda settings can solve this problem.

P.S. visually, first message in the native Skype marked orange point, like it in "not read" state.

Sorry for my English
« Last Edit: 26 08 2014, 09:41:39 by FeLDMaRShaL »

Offline makloda11

Re: Problem with SkypeClassic
« Reply #1 on: 27 09 2014, 07:37:08 »
I have the same problem. Messages do not 'arrive' in Miranda and therefore I stopped using Skype Classic plugin. It's a shame because I can't stop using Skype (I need it for my job).

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 27 09 2014, 07:47:39 »
Could you contact leecher (author of this plugin)? See him there http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?8160-Skype-Protocol-Discussion&p=225057#post225057
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 29 10 2014, 13:41:42 »
His reply from the forums:
It generates a huge logfile in your miranda Directory (so just use it for debugging if you don't want to fill your HDD ;). Then you can watch the logfile when reproducing the problem. If there is some sign coming from Skype API telling you about the message but the plugin isn't interperting it (because it's new and unknown to the plugin), then it can be fixed and I need the significant part of the log (i.e. via PM).
If there is no sign from Skype API telling you about the message in the log, then bad luck, it's a Skype 6 API bug then and cannot be fixed. In this case chances are low to get it fixed by M$, as Skype Desktop API is also officially deprecated.
But as I said, I tested with Skype 6 and I was unable to reproduce the issue described which led me to believe that it may be related to the build as another user told me that it didn't occur anymore with the newest plugin build I gave him.

See the posting below for a download link
« Last Edit: 30 10 2014, 08:53:14 by Wishmaster »

Offline leecher

« Reply #4 on: 29 10 2014, 17:17:13 »
Hi, I suspect that it may have something to do with live: Users in Skype, as I was unable to reproduce it, but a user who had the problem had a chat with a live: user. So can somebody confirm this, that it's only occuring with live users or was this just a coincidence?
As far as I can tell from the logfile I got so far, it seems to be a Skype bug :(

Offline watcher

« Reply #5 on: 29 10 2014, 18:45:21 »
Here I"ll attach SkypeClassic plugin built in debug mode for testing purposes (creates long and detailed log file):
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline leecher

« Reply #6 on: 30 10 2014, 15:57:06 »
Hi,

Now I ws able to analyze 2 logs.. It doesn't look too bright, unfortunately... In the second log, the only thing that indicated that there is something going on was the ACTIVITY_TIMESTAMP for the dialog. No CHATMESSAGE or anything similar from Skype via the API whatsoever. It doesn't have anything to do whether the contact is a live: contact or not, it's just a silly Skype bug. The only possibility that comes to my mind to work around the bug is to keep a list of active dialogs in memory and check on every ACTIVITY_TIMESTAMP if this dialog is present in the memory list, and if not (so first occurence within the session) search for either MISSEDMESSAGES (maybe it shows up in that list) or RECENTCHATMESSAGES.
This will, however, leak memory because the list is growing in memory with the number of dialogs that you are having and additionally it takes up CPU time as ACTIVITY_TIMESTAMP messages are coming very often via the API. Not sure if this is such a good idea.
Any thoughts on this?
The weird thing is, I cannot even reproduce the bug properly, I have a few Skype 3 test accounts that can be used to send me messages to Skype 6 and when they are sending messages, the bug never occurs, I was only available to reproduce it with another user that also had Skype 6, so maybe only Skype 6 <-> Skype 6 connections are affected?
Does anyone of you have a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce this bug properly?
« Last Edit: 31 10 2014, 09:00:22 by leecher »

Offline tosha98

« Reply #7 on: 06 11 2014, 14:36:13 »
errors are the same.
If Skype is minimized in Miranda messages are sent not all or delayed.
noticed a pattern if Skype is deployed and I'm on the right track all messages are sent in both directions perfectly.
if the window is opened with the terminal (a) where a message arrives contact (b) message number 1 is lit on contact (B) and the message is transmitted to Miranda.
solved it just so. in settings
1 indicate the compact form then messages are opened in separate windows.
2 in chat. enable automatic discovery of new messages.
then open a message and all passed in Miranda.
if the roll is not transmitted messages

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #8 on: 09 11 2014, 02:05:32 »
Sad to say, but I've encountered this issue even with Skype 4.2… And the users were regular Skype users.
May be this is accumulated issue, as it disappeared after a complete restart of Miranda and Skype. (Normally they both run for days (months even) without interruption.)
« Last Edit: 09 11 2014, 02:07:52 by AnrDaemon »