Author Topic: Where are the links of unsupported attachments?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline 3mb3r4

Where are the links of unsupported attachments?
« on: 25 08 2014, 16:43:08 »
Hey,

Whenever a user sends me an unsupported attachment (which is usually a simple link to a website), Miranda NG just displays to me "User sent an unsupported attachment. Open your browser to see it.". And no, I don't want to open my browser. I would like to see the link itself in Miranda TabSRMM window, because for example I have configured VLC Media Player to open YouTube links and play them, instead of having to launch bloatware (browser).

This worked about a month ago. Some update may have changed it.

How can I restore the old behavior?

Thanks

Offline Robyer

Re:Where are the links of unsupported attachments?
« Reply #1 on: 25 08 2014, 21:05:20 »
No update changed it. It's workaround, because Facebook sends that URL attachment in different "response" than what I'm parsing in plugin. "Old behavior" is that you doesn't get no link at all. And you don't want that ;-) And it works this way for many months already.

Different is when you send URL in message and when you send it as attachment. You can send url in attachment, but don't send it in text of that message - and plugin can't load it, that's why it shows at least that "info message" to look at it in your browser.

I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline 3mb3r4

Re: Where are the links of unsupported attachments?
« Reply #2 on: 26 08 2014, 17:32:09 »
Thanks. Now, I see. When will sending attachments (pictures, files) be supported natively? Is it possible or does something get in the way of implementing?

Offline Robyer

Re: Where are the links of unsupported attachments?
« Reply #3 on: 27 08 2014, 19:04:56 »
I don't have time for that. Feel free to implement it and provide me a patch, I'll gladly commit it ;-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.