Author Topic: Tox protocol  (Read 165703 times)

Offline calabar

Re: Tox
« Reply #120 on: 31 12 2014, 15:15:25 »
Tox is very promising and I hope that the protocol will be released soon as stable.
Here I read that at the moment the development has been stopped, is there any news about the resumption of work?
« Last Edit: 31 12 2014, 15:19:46 by calabar »

Offline watcher

« Reply #121 on: 05 01 2015, 10:17:11 »
Binaries updated to r11730. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #122 on: 05 01 2015, 10:20:10 »
I tested/used this on x86 / x64 miranda and I can confirm that this no longer corrupts the tox profile. Rejoice!

What was broken is still broken though (avatars / file transfers / sending messages fast / sending messages while transferring files), but this is at least using the latest tox dll. I noticed that I was not able to see some people online sometimes with the old tox dll, but the new one is fine. Very strange.

I'll wait until another update is pushed to tox before I re-activate the tox progression sticky again, but this is pretty good!

Also:

Vulpix-sponsored bounty:

$500 if you fix tox plugin to work properly:

- latest tox binaries
- everything has to work - filetransfers (this means they work regardless of filesize, even on big files), regular chat (+ /me actions), adding/removing contacts, proper storing in tox savefile, avatars.

$800 if it doesn't take longer than 2 months.

$100 up-front if you at least make the latest plugin not corrupt the savefile (bloats/grows everytime you restart miranda).

I am willing to betatest and bug-check, I am a heavy miranda tox user.

Payment via paypal.

I know you guys don't accept donations, so I'm putting up a bounty. I love miranda and I love tox, and currently it's just not working at all with the latest versions.

I will stand by my word. Can someone tell Unsane, if he's interested? :P
« Last Edit: 05 01 2015, 10:23:32 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #123 on: 06 01 2015, 13:47:34 »
Binaries updated to r11778-11779. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #124 on: 06 01 2015, 19:41:54 »
Binaries updated to r11781. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #125 on: 07 01 2015, 21:50:25 »
Binaries updated to r11790. Please update manually from attachments in the first post. Please backup Tox profile before updating to this revision! It may become corrupted!
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #126 on: 12 01 2015, 20:46:17 »
Binaries updated to r11845. Please update manually from attachments in the first post. Please backup Tox profile before updating to this revision! It may become corrupted!
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #127 on: 13 01 2015, 10:40:54 »
A friend of mine had issues when updating to this latest tox. What we had to do was load his tox profile in utox, then close utox and then load that tox profile in miranda. That fixed the problem; otherwise miranda was saying (in netlog) "unable to load tox profile".

Additionally, multiple filetransfer at once resulted in mismatching md5 checksums; I'm now replicating the issue.

EDIT: Testing transfers shows that even to uTox, the transfer is terminated/cancelled midway (at seemingly random points).

EDIT2: Seems to be a tox issue as this happens with uTox->uTox transfer as well. The difference is however that uTox resumes from where it left off whereas Miranda gives up.

The updated toxcore however helps as my friend was previously unable to use the updated toxcore and stay online - and now he can! :)
« Last Edit: 13 01 2015, 12:01:01 by Vulpix »

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #128 on: 14 01 2015, 10:22:31 »
Doesn't work for me. Icon just blink once and i don't see if it tries to connect. Rolled down to the old

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #129 on: 14 01 2015, 20:45:21 »
That means your tox profile is corrupted. Load it in uTox and then close utox and put it back into miranda and it'll work.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #130 on: 17 01 2015, 10:05:01 »
http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=2502 Current state of Tox protocol in miranda updated with latest state

Changelogs:

Filetransfers improved - everything but multiple filetransfers / resuming a filetransfer is working
Avatars fixed - You can set your own and see the contact's avatar without issues
Changing status message - You can set your own and see the contact's status message without issues

Offline watcher

« Reply #131 on: 18 01 2015, 22:57:14 »
Binaries updated to r11875. Please update manually from attachments in the first post. Please backup Tox profile before updating to this revision! It may become corrupted!
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #132 on: 18 01 2015, 23:50:45 »
Hmm I see that support for resuming was added (and pausing). How do I do this with Miranda? There doesn't seem to be a pause button.

Offline unsane

Odp: Tox
« Reply #133 on: 19 01 2015, 18:16:08 »
Pausing. If recipient pause(on client that support pause) the transmission, Miranda stops sending as long as the recipient does not resume reception.
Resuming. If the connection breaks during sending/receiving you can resume broken transfer after you (or your frend) will be reconnected.
« Last Edit: 19 01 2015, 19:10:45 by unsane »
Si no estas con nosotros, estas contra nosotros.

Offline watcher

« Reply #134 on: 19 01 2015, 19:21:07 »
Binaries updated to r11876. Please update manually from attachments in the first post. Please backup Tox profile before updating to this revision! It may become corrupted!
Please read forum rules.