Author Topic: SkypeClassic messages won't send  (Read 4958 times)

Offline deiwi

SkypeClassic messages won't send
« on: 04 08 2014, 11:31:05 »
Hello, I'm a long time user of Miranda IM and now fairly new to Miranda NG user. I'm having a problem with the Skype Classic plugin - When I type a message in the NG, it won't go through. Skype indicates that the message is being send (rotating circle) but nothing happens until I get Timeout message in NG. On the other hand, Miranda doesn't notify me when I receive Skype message until I open the standalone Skype app. Then I will receive a whole load of old messages. Miranda is allowed to hand Skype. What's the catch here?

Offline Robyer

Re:SkypeClassic messages won't send
« Reply #1 on: 04 08 2014, 12:07:27 »
Could you try it with older Skype version? Like 2.x or 3.x? I remember on Miranda IM forum was said multiple times that it works worse with newer versions of Skype.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wave

Re: SkypeClassic messages won't send
« Reply #2 on: 04 08 2014, 13:13:26 »
Since this august skypes older than 6.14 don’t work at all. Thanks to microsoft.

Offline deiwi

« Reply #3 on: 04 08 2014, 13:21:16 »
Nope, 3.6 won't even let me to login  :-\

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 04 08 2014, 15:02:49 »
Oh, that's pity. Better to move out of Skype completely or use it standalone. I guess it won't be better in Miranda (or other clients).
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wave

« Reply #5 on: 04 08 2014, 17:49:28 »
Standalone skype is ugly shit. More of this, in miranda i have complete common history of each contact. And very comfortable backup and export. So if everyone use skype, i want skype protocol in miranda in any probable way.