Author Topic: Problems with Miranda NG  (Read 14636 times)

Offline Robyer

Re:Problems with Miranda NG
« Reply #15 on: 02 08 2014, 20:20:55 »
I noted also that "bold, italic, underline, strike-through as
also  color formatting doesn't work on my pc and the one of my daughter.
I can only see  the tags (outgoing and incoming messages for all my protocols).

You must enable it in your messaging plugin options. Option "Enable BBCode support" or something like that.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Remmon

Re: Problems with Miranda NG
« Reply #16 on: 03 08 2014, 09:25:26 »
You must enable it in your messaging plugin options. Option "Enable BBCode support" or something like that.

There are so many options :)
The only one I found (and this one was already enabled) is
Options --> Message Sessions --> General ..> Allow BBCode formatting in outgoing messages.

I did a search for more options searching 'BBC' but it did not gave any (not even the one above).
I checked all other tabs and pages but can't find another one.

So still no formatting :)

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #17 on: 03 08 2014, 10:16:54 »
What I know is that IEView allows BBCode... though it might be over kill to use it only for that xD I'm using it mainly for theming reasons^^

Though I think TabSRMM itself should support it as well... but dunno xD

Offline Robyer

I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Remmon

« Reply #19 on: 03 08 2014, 16:52:04 »

Offline Remmon

Re:Problems with Miranda NG
« Reply #20 on: 05 08 2014, 07:10:05 »
I noted that there is also a problem with EM_LAN_PROTO.

Normally at startup a Router gives every PC in the LAN a dynamic IP number.

if today computer 1 has the internal ip number:
en computer 2

and the day after computer 2 is the first computer to connect to the internet
the ip numbers will be the other way around:
computer 1:
computer 2:

EM_LAN_PROTO does not detect this change.
It wrongly thinks that the ip numbers are the same as the first day.
The problem is that if you send a file to the other pc,
you will receive it yourself.
If you send a message you send it to yourself.
(you'll see an outgoing and incoming message of the one you've sent)

Is there any change this bug will be corrected? :)
Is the creator still active?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #21 on: 05 08 2014, 07:59:30 »
How it could be detemined that your computers has different IP addresses than before?

As a workaround, you can set static IP addresses for your computers or configure router to remember then and give them same IP address everytime...

Offline Remmon

« Reply #22 on: 05 08 2014, 08:45:54 »
How it could be detemined that your computers has different IP addresses than before?

As a workaround, you can set static IP addresses for your computers or configure router to remember then and give them same IP address everytime...

Not so difficult, doing the same as I do:
Scan the lan (find/add new contacts) at every startup of miranda, the same as other lan messengers/chat programs do.
BTW MSN and other protocols do they not the same at log-in?

Yes I know that you can set a static IP address but I noted in the past that it gives problem with my adsl connection.

ps: do you know where EM_LAN_PROTO saves the IP info?
« Last Edit: 05 08 2014, 08:48:41 by Remmon »

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #23 on: 05 08 2014, 11:33:28 »
what kind of router do you have^^ What the xD
A router should give every device the same IP again because it remembers the MAC... It should never reuse an old IP if possible... Looks like you're router isn't that good xD (this might also explain why a static IP doesn't work that well for you.. because the router might also be to dumb to see that you've assigned a IP manually...)
Though... static might still work... just use an IP that is at the end of or before the IP list or subnet the router might use to assign IPs.

So if your router normally assigns IPs from 23 to 40, use 192.168.1.22 or 192.168.1.41 ... or even use 192.168.1.40 so it's still in range (not that something outside causes a problem... normally shouldn't but who knows xD You could actually use 192.168.1.2 if your router is 192.168.1.1^^)

You could also check if your router is running the latest firmware.. (well if it's really a cheap one and his update progress doesn't have backups.. you maybe shouldn't update it for the risk to brick it xD My router yet again cannot be bricked that way..) and maybe it offers a way on his configuration pages to enable that it assigns the same IP to the same device everytime...
« Last Edit: 05 08 2014, 11:37:35 by White-Tiger »

Offline Remmon

« Reply #24 on: 05 08 2014, 15:49:44 »
Thank you White-Tiger, there are more reasons why a router can be considered good or not ;)
BTW It is a Zyxel router (with the latest firmware).

The problem with my adsl connection is not about the static ip addresses, it is about the static dns adresses. You cannot fix the ip addresses without fixing a dns ip.

That a router doesn't assign the same ip address to a device, yes that can be handicap but is DCHP not the default way of assigning lan ip addresses on routers?

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #25 on: 05 08 2014, 16:40:56 »
DHCP is supposed to be default... yes. But on most routers it's meant to assign devices the same IP each time they request one...
Though.. again, I don't know what your DNS problem is.. normally you would just put your router's/gateway's IP there.. and it'll use the DNS servers assigned by your ISP's DSLAM once connected..
An even when your router, for what ever reason, doesn't respond to DNS queries, you can still use OpenDNS or Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and you're fine ;)

Regarding your Zyxel: what I've found implies that newer Zyxel router also use static DHCP...
« Last Edit: 05 08 2014, 17:00:21 by White-Tiger »