Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Miranda NG general talk

Jabber and GTalk/Hangouts

(1/5) > >>

calabar:
Ever since I use Miranda and communicate with GTalk users, I use the Jabber Plugin.
It works fine, but it is limited (no file transfer, no group chat, etc...).

Now I'm wondering if exists any alternative that allow me to improve my gtalk experience.
The passage should be painless, I'd like to preserve all my present contacts without re-insert them manually or ask for authorization again, if possible.

Thanks.

calabar:
mmm... ok, no luck about that.

Maybe someone can answer to a question: the limits I described above are known or it is possible to around them in some way? Someone of you is able to use group chat or transfer files between gtalk/hangouts and Miranda NG?

PS: still have the problem of offline messages sent to my gmail instead then to Miranda, has something changed in the last year?

watcher:
There is no file transfers in GTalk AFAIK. And hangouts - it's something with closed specifications.

calabar:
Could you explain in more details?
I could open a feature request in Miranda UserVoice, but I want to be sure that the request make some sense.

At the moment, I miss:
* Offline message, retrieve that in gmail is uncomfortable and makes the history confusing.
* File transfer: send and receive files with a contact that uses hangouts (or any other compatible client). The chance to send files to the contact's email would be very appreciated too (send a file as it was a file transfer, but automatically converted in email and received as email from the recipient), and could be a good workaround if file transfer should not work properly.
* Join or create a chat session with multiple hangouts contacts.
* Maybe something other that eludes me in this moment.Thanks.

watcher:
There are no specks for hangouts - it is google's proprietary  service and we don't do reverse engineering anymore. We write plugins for services that provide tools for doing so. They do not provide any API or tools for working with hangouts. Google Talk (XMPP) works with hangouts as good as google lets it work. I'm not sure that anything else can be done on this matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version