Author Topic: kinda SOLVED - Sync'ing a profile or history.  (Read 3380 times)

Offline ockky

kinda SOLVED - Sync'ing a profile or history.
« on: 29 01 2014, 17:24:23 »
I've got NG on my desktop and laptop and i'm curious to know if there is a clever way that i can sync my profile or history between to two using Dropbox or Drive?  I know that I can import a profile, but I was hoping that there was a non-interactive way of making this happen.

Anyone got any ideas or experience with this?
« Last Edit: 17 02 2014, 03:55:10 by ockky »

Offline ockky

Re: Sync'ing a profile or history.
« Reply #1 on: 17 02 2014, 03:53:43 »
I supposed I've solved this for the time being.  What i've done is moved the entire contents of my 'profile' directory into dropbox.  I then altered my 'mirandaboot.ini' to point it to dropbox when looking for profiles.  This allows me to then open miranda from either my desktop or my laptop and use the exact same profile.

The only problem with this setup, is that i have to exit miranda if i plan to use it on my other system as miranda does not write immediately to it's database as soon as a message is received/sent, only when the app is closed.  So while this works, its by no means perfect...but it's good enough for now.

Offline watcher

Re: kinda SOLVED - Sync'ing a profile or history.
« Reply #2 on: 17 02 2014, 10:49:45 »
I keep miranda in Dropbox 4 years at least. Yes - the only trick is not to forget to let it sync after Miranda exit.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.