Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

clist_modern. Incorrect account menus, if some accounts hidden

(1/4) > >>

l.inc:
Hello, new community! Exactly two years ago I posted a bug report including a patch. I had a great pleasure to find out today, that it had been incorporated into the miranda-ng together with my feature request from the same post. In fact I was even more pleased to discover the very existence of the miranda-ng project today.

Switching to miranda-ng and configuring it brought me across another bug in some neighboring code. If an account is hidden (using per account options in Options->Contact list->Status Bar) and the account is ordered in between some visible accounts (using Options->Contact list->Accounts), then wrong menus are shown for the following visible accounts in the status bar.

I attach a diff fixing the bug (based upon the git commit 6a1286e47d52fb2146c2a283527dc4d60743ba87), but I read/edited the source in the notepad, as I currently don't have Visual Studio installed (new machine). Thus not tested, but as long as the modification is quite little and I always write bugfree code... :-)

Kind regards

Wishmaster:
No, patch is wrong. It fixes your bug but it creates a new one: If account display order is changed (Options->Contact List->Accounts), the menus are wrong.

l.inc:
Wishmaster
I actually was sure I read the related code correctly. I therefore spent a day restoring the development infrastructure, I got used to, on my new machine in order to test my patch. And the thing is, I don't observe incorrect menus no matter what account ordering I use. I however applied the modification to the 0.94.9.

Did you really test the patch, or did you just look into the code? If you just feel concerned about that loop removed, then it was an absolute nonsense code.

Wishmaster:

--- Quote from: l.inc on 30 04 2014, 06:02:26 ---
Did you really test the patch, or did you just look into the code? If you just feel concerned about that loop removed, then it was an absolute nonsense code.

--- End quote ---
I did test it with a development build and it didnt work. Try hiding an account and to changr the display order.

l.inc:
Wishmaster
Already did. Five accounts, two accounts hidden, nearly all possible orders checked. Menus are always correct. Would you want me to attach the binary for 0.94.9?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version