Author Topic: Icon Meaning in main UI  (Read 4425 times)

Offline xvj00

Icon Meaning in main UI
« on: 24 04 2014, 15:32:41 »
Hi All,

My first post here. I am using Miranda to monitor embedded XMPP client inside an agent we deploy to customers. I would like to know what the Miranda Icon means as oppose to the magnifying glass which provides the online/offline roster status. I seam to be getting a few of them without the Nicknames that i'm assigning to each 'contact'

thanks in advance,
Phil

Offline Wishmaster

Re: Icon Meaning in main UI
« Reply #1 on: 24 04 2014, 16:04:17 »
Could you make a screenshot for those icons?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 24 04 2014, 16:23:12 »
Icon at right side = protocol icon, it's pretty useless, you should disable it (options / contact list / extra icons)
Miranda icon at left side = this contact belongs to account that:
 a) doesn't have own protocol icons
 b) is not loaded (is unchecked in account manager or his protocol plugin is not enabled).

That 2 contacts are "duplicated" because they belongs to 2 different accounts - see Main menu / Accounts
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline xvj00

« Reply #3 on: 24 04 2014, 16:45:26 »
Hi,

thanks for that. I removed right hand side icons. And I did have a second account, which is my admin account that I need for sending certain commands to my embedded xmpp client. Can I hind all the contacts for that account, and just enable when I need to do admin tasks, or do I need to remove the admin account and just have one? (Every account is rostered to my account and the admin account)

Also, when I search I want to only search on my Server, not on Jabber.org. I find that that works with "Quick Search" Plugin but no "Find User", any hints?

I removed the screen shot as it is no longer needed.
« Last Edit: 24 04 2014, 16:47:21 by xvj00 »

Offline Robyer

Re:Icon Meaning in main UI
« Reply #4 on: 24 04 2014, 17:10:32 »
You can hide that admin account by setting view modes in clist modern. (make it visible in: main menu / frames / view modes)

About second issue I don't understand you. Try provide screenshot.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #5 on: 24 04 2014, 18:43:08 »
Also, when I search I want to only search on my Server, not on Jabber.org. I find that that works with "Quick Search" Plugin but no "Find User", any hints?
If you open "Find users", select the protocol you want to use in the dropdown. Enter the URL of the server in the "Custom" Dropdown und use the separate search form.
« Last Edit: 24 04 2014, 18:47:01 by Wishmaster »

Offline xvj00

« Reply #6 on: 25 04 2014, 10:13:42 »
Thanks guys for all the help. Now feeling much more on top of it.