Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360102 times)

Offline makiao

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #165 on: 02 06 2014, 12:16:29 »
For me the multiple popups are fixed.

Offline cust

« Reply #166 on: 02 06 2014, 16:58:43 »
@Robyer
Is there a way to make facebook plugin a full facebook solution?
For example, get posts in message windows and comments as new messages and post comments directly?
If you could do this it will be amazing :THUMBS UP:

Offline Robyer

« Reply #167 on: 02 06 2014, 19:39:42 »
cust, TL;DR: No.

In a theoretical way is everything possible, but no. I have no intent of replacing website. Even maintaining existing features is pretty time-consuming (because I'm doing dirty-parsing of Facebook html pages), so every Facebook change must be incorporated in plugin (and such changes are very often). Doing this with posts, comments, etc. would lead to much much much more of these problems and spent time.

Even if I would be willing to parsing these things etc., it would need much work in creating user interface for it, because your example isn't possible - posts couldn't be incorporated into Miranda's message windows (only if every post have been single contact, which is madness and nonsense). So it's just too much work. And worthless - just use website, everything works best there :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Myshor

« Reply #168 on: 02 06 2014, 20:28:34 »
I really don't know whats wrong there. But it seems you're the only one affected with this problem...

I can just delete all my bugged contacts... If they will add me again we will see is it ok or not. :P

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #169 on: 02 06 2014, 21:04:09 »
I can just delete all my bugged contacts... If they will add me again we will see is it ok or not. :P
Well you don't need to delete them from server. Did you tried it with clean profile? Could you make it reproducible? If so, I'll ask you to prepare me such profile where I could test it and reproduce it easily... Then it's more likely that I'll fix it :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline spookyfox

« Reply #170 on: 02 06 2014, 21:21:38 »
Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place, but I made an account because I have a problem and Google has not been helpful.

I installed Miranda IM mostly to chat on Twitch IRC and Facebook. But Twitch didn't work for some reason. Then I found out about Miranda NG, and it works with both protocols. However, everytime I receive a message in Facebook, I get a pop up saying I don't have permission to view the message. I can view the messages just fine, and chat regularly, but every time a person replies, I get another pop up, so you can imagine how annoying this gets.

This doesn't happen with Miranda IM, does anyone know what's going on?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #171 on: 02 06 2014, 22:21:36 »

Offline Myshor

« Reply #172 on: 03 06 2014, 18:43:40 »
Well you don't need to delete them from server. Did you tried it with clean profile? Could you make it reproducible? If so, I'll ask you to prepare me such profile where I could test it and reproduce it easily... Then it's more likely that I'll fix it :-)

I made new profile when you said I should... It got me almost 3 hours to set everything from the beginning to look and sound as before. :P
About the reproducible thing. There are evenings without any bug (like today).
Other day I have 5 number contacts on my 3 hours with Miranda turned online.

I just don't know what is the main problem - except this I wrote last time. All the contacts have Facebook (Mobile) as their client i popup.

Maybe it's not the Facebook plugin but something with clist_nicer. However why the FB contacts only.
Maybe it's something with some old version (newest version) of Messenger. I can be sure all "broken" contacts use Android Messenger.

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #173 on: 03 06 2014, 23:11:02 »
I made new profile when you said I should... It got me almost 3 hours to set everything from the beginning to look and sound as before.

Well, I meant new profil only for a test, not that you should abandon old profile and reconfigure new one from the scratch :-)
But okay, so it doesn't depend on clean profile. Bump me at the end of next week and we'll try to do something more about it.

Offline spookyfox

Offline neets

« Reply #175 on: 04 06 2014, 11:31:55 »
neets, with today's development release it still shows duplicit popups?

it doesn't show them anymore  ;D ;D

btw the doubled contacts happened to me too when i added my facebook account for the first time. im going to delete it and add it again to check if it still happens and i'll let you know :)

Post Merge: 04 06 2014, 12:20:06
no doubled contacts this time  :THUMBS UP:
« Last Edit: 04 06 2014, 12:20:06 by neets »

Offline Myshor

« Reply #176 on: 08 06 2014, 19:50:16 »
I deleted facebook account, cleared profile with dbcheker, cleared cached avatars then added fb account from the begginnig.
Testing for the doubled contacts. :)

Offline sanpee

« Reply #177 on: 12 06 2014, 09:37:21 »
I keep receiving empty messages from this userid 100007073648269 (which apparently is https://www.facebook.com/zaki.alhadad.1) when miranda starts to connect to facebook. I blocked the guy in facebook but still receiving the annoying empty message when miranda starts. Anyone has similar issue?

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #178 on: 12 06 2014, 10:11:32 »
sanpee, please contact me over jabber/icq.

Offline makiao

« Reply #179 on: 15 06 2014, 20:47:32 »
Since some Days im always online, even if i set invicible in miranda, Can you do something? ;)