Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360141 times)

Offline SpinalBlood

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #90 on: 19 04 2014, 20:16:20 »
Ok, thanks!

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #91 on: 20 04 2014, 20:07:08 »
Until now all the contacts would disappear when I'm getting to invisible status. But in the past few days, Facebook contacts disappear and pop up on the list again right after that, and freeze there. I mean, even some of the people leave the Facebook, they still stay on the list like they're online. I'm using stable version whole the time.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #92 on: 20 04 2014, 21:30:51 »
Whiplash, try to reproduce it in development version, please.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #93 on: 21 04 2014, 00:36:46 »
Whiplash, try to reproduce it in development version, please.
Yeah, it's happening with it too.  :(

Offline Robyer

« Reply #94 on: 21 04 2014, 09:10:08 »
Whiplash, Ok, I can reproduce it too. I'll fix it soon.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #95 on: 21 04 2014, 10:48:39 »
Whiplash, Ok, I can reproduce it too. I'll fix it soon.
Listen... I actually think that having those contacts visible whole the time is a good thing. It would be great if I could see who's online even if I'm invisible to him. If that's possible - keep it like that. ;) (I know that it's not possible with the ordinary Facebook, but maybe you can do a hack for Miranda NG  ;)).
But, as I said, the problem is that those contacts are frozen - so you never know if they're really there or not, which makes them useless.
« Last Edit: 21 04 2014, 10:52:16 by Whiplash »

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #96 on: 21 04 2014, 15:04:20 »
Whiplash, yes, I was thinking about same thing :-)

Now we finally have true invisible status in Facebook plugin!  :DRINK:
(But I'm not sure for how long, there is a possibility that Faceboook will fix that and it will be same as before. Who knows.)

Anyway, I "released" a new version 0.2.4.0 today. Changelog (from 19.3. to 21.4.) for interested people is:
0.2.4.0 - 21.4.2014
 + Support true invisible status (they don't see you, but you see them)
 + Don't load "unread messages" which we received already (but didn't read them yet)
 + Add support for showing unread notifications count as "unread emails" in clist
 + Add status menu item "Visit Notifications" and icons for other items
 + Hidden setting for Naseem's spam mode
 * Respect "use local timestamp" setting also for "message read" events
 * Refactor receiving multi-chat messages (it doesn't load chat participants and chat names, etc. but it will be fixed in future versions)
 * Various typing notifications changes/fixes
   + Support receiving typing notifications for multi chats (and prepare for sending it, when *srmm will be ready for that)
   * Don't switch contact to online when he is typing (he can type from invisible)
   * Send typing notifications even to offline contacts
 ! Fix not to load offline multi chat messages to single contacts
 ! Fix size of downloaded avatars (use 50x50 for smaller and 180x180 for bigger)
 ! Various other fixes (crashes, poke/newsfeed texts,...)

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #97 on: 21 04 2014, 15:23:22 »
O man, you're the king! I guess I can't update it right now, but as soon as I can, I'll check it out.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #98 on: 21 04 2014, 15:45:22 »
It will be tomorrow in auto-update. Today you can grab it here: (for deveopment version only) https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #99 on: 21 04 2014, 16:22:30 »
Thanks. It seems to work O.K. so far. ;)

Offline Myshor

« Reply #100 on: 03 05 2014, 16:28:44 »
I found some strange issue today.
It can be for some more time - today I just saw it. :P

I got all my FB contact in a group.
Today I found some duplicated people at the bottom of the list.
Some of them don't even show as the full name just as the number of facebook profile.

I checked who are this number selecting "Visit Profile" from the rightclick menu and they are doubled contacts too.
Is it my contact list problem or something more?

My VI:
http://www.miranda-vi.org/report/muzzyf8/

Fear my anger, fear my power.
I'm Dark Angel undercover.

Sinon

« Reply #101 on: 03 05 2014, 18:41:02 »
So, is 0.2.4.0 still a developement release or am I making something wrong when looking for an update. I still have 0.2.2.1 and Miranda says "No Update" for me :(

Offline Myshor

« Reply #102 on: 03 05 2014, 18:45:57 »
I just use daily alpha build with alpha plugins. ;)

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #103 on: 05 05 2014, 11:55:36 »
Myshor, This was old problem which is (I hope) fixed already (few weeks or months). Just delete that contacts through dbeditor and lets hope they don't come back. But if they will, let me know. ;-)

Sinon, Miranda NG is released with all plugins at once, so I can't release a stable version of Facebook protocol only. You must wait for next stable Miranda NG version or switch to development to use new builds of this plugin.

Offline Myshor

« Reply #104 on: 05 05 2014, 20:05:28 »
Myshor, This was old problem which is (I hope) fixed already (few weeks or months). Just delete that contacts through dbeditor and lets hope they don't come back. But if they will, let me know. ;-)

dbeditor is a must be? I deleted all duplicated contacts from contact list. Then I runed dbchecker and restarted Miranda.
15 minutes and new duplicates is found. :/