Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360138 times)

Offline Kimoo

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #930 on: 24 05 2021, 18:29:02 »
It is no longer possible to send or receive messages via the basic Facebook web page. Also, I don't think it makes sense to read the page as in earlier times, since Facebook notices that an application is reading the web page. This would not help us either.

We need to look at what exactly is causing the problem and look for alternatives if necessary.

mbasic.facebook.com works normal and send messages but it's not a live chat i know what you mean  ,
if it's not good for this , we can use the normal touch version of Facebook here m.facebook.com

at end i just meant to give a try to re-built the plugin again as it was at it's starting using HTML requests very carefully , a small mistake could lead to lock the fb account .

Offline Ali Savas

« Reply #931 on: 24 05 2021, 18:33:58 »
If we use m.facebook.com, we lose the ability to be notified when typing, etc. The way we are currently going is not a bad one, we just need to know the reason why Facebook is behaving this way.

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #932 on: 26 05 2021, 18:08:52 »
If we use m.facebook.com, we lose the ability to be notified when typing, etc. The way we are currently going is not a bad one, we just need to know the reason why Facebook is behaving this way.

you all right , i wanted to say such also , but when it will be a start to detect what problem we face exactly with Facebook .

i just want from Miranda team to take Facebook issue seriously as me and other peoples only was use Miranda for Facebook and skype ,

if Facebook not work , no need to run Miranda

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #933 on: 26 05 2021, 20:59:58 »
also note that i see Miranda team not try to investigate the problem i not know why , they told me before they are waiting for a developer , and i not understand why it's too hard to find one for that ,
they can call Robyer again to check the problem
i hope from Miranda NG team to take this issue seriously ,

it's about 7 months now not using FB via Miranda , i really miss it much
  :'(

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #934 on: 03 06 2021, 05:35:40 »
as you see from this page https://engineering.fb.com/2011/08/12/android/building-facebook-messenger/

that MQTT built for Android and IOS

so if you run Miranda and run facebook throw web browser , it appear to Facebook that you open Facebook from a mobile and from a PC
it's allowed to open Facebook from 2 machines in same time , but not allowed to chat from 2 machines in same time .
so i think the souilation now is to re-built the FB plugin again in HTML web requests as in early past ,
it's just my point of view

Offline sercda

« Reply #935 on: 28 06 2021, 12:22:43 »
Every time I try to connect I get an error "Connection failed with error code 405"
After that facebook in my web browser requires to enter the secure code (sent via email). But the plugin is still offline.
Is there a solution for that?

Offline sercda

« Reply #936 on: 28 06 2021, 12:30:38 »
Every time I try to connect I get an error "Connection failed with error code 405" After that facebook in my web browser requires to enter the secure code (sent via email). But the plugin is still offline. Is there a solution for that?
Never mind. Got banned on FB trying to reconnect multiple times. So, probably won't use neither plugin nor the social network monopolist.

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #937 on: 06 12 2021, 01:03:32 »
Still no one here plan to fix Facebook issues ?  :-[

Offline riki

« Reply #938 on: 07 02 2023, 21:12:40 »
Any progress on the Facebook protocol? I used it every day - only using Miranda for FB messaging, never the website. After having my account locked a few times, I gave up. Now some years have passed, and I wonder if there's any hope we may have functional FB messages in Miranda again?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #939 on: 10 02 2023, 19:21:42 »
The protocol has long been rewritten from scratch. Blocking is not an issue anymore.

The following users thanked this post: Thug

Offline riki

« Reply #940 on: 11 02 2023, 00:45:51 »
Wow! Such good news! :DRINK:
Thanks @dartraiden!

Strange that even if I was following this topic, I didn't get a notice for years.
So should I just update Miranda now - and the new version of the plugin will replace the old, blocked one?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #941 on: 13 02 2023, 23:19:51 »
It should.

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #942 on: 04 06 2023, 07:37:07 »
Wow! Such good news! :DRINK:
Thanks @dartraiden!

Strange that even if I was following this topic, I didn't get a notice for years.
So should I just update Miranda now - and the new version of the plugin will replace the old, blocked one?

Did you tried to uses the new facebook plug in after fixing it  ?
How it work with you ??

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #943 on: 04 06 2023, 13:59:46 »
I don't use facebook all the time, but messages go both ways, I checked

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #944 on: 05 06 2023, 20:04:00 »
I don't use facebook all the time, but messages go both ways, I checked

you know the problem is not with messages
the problem was that Facebook that lock accounts that try to login using Miranda ,
Dose this still happened ??
and if that problem fixed , How it fixed ? you said you re-writen it again , dose it fixed when it re-writen it , what different between the old and the new one ?
forgive me Sir if i ask much , i need to understand , you know so well , we don't want to loss our Facebook accounts , so we need to sure from everything
waiting your reply