Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 172948 times)

Offline ghazan

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #810 on: 05 01 2020, 15:24:26 »
SpinalBlood,
all missing messages are loaded automatically, or you're meaning whole history loading?
this plugin runs smoothly over old contacts, so their history won't be broken

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #811 on: 05 01 2020, 21:05:08 »
Whole loading, from a manual command like it was possible with the other plugin;

if possible I believe it can still be helpful from time to time

Offline riki

« Reply #812 on: 08 01 2020, 12:23:24 »
Indeed. And
Whole loading, from a manual command like it was possible with the other plugin;

if possible I believe it can still be helpful from time to time
Indeed. The option to manually download messages up to a given past date (or up to a given MessageID, if MessageIDs got stored) would be the perfect solution!  :)

Offline aekotra

« Reply #813 on: 18 01 2020, 00:38:49 »
A few days ago, one of the dev updates to Miranda prevented my profile from loading ("unrecognized format").  I used a profile auto-backup from a couple days prior to resolve the issue.

However, ever since then, the new FB plugin has not functioned properly:
  • Does not receive messages
  • Can send messages, with the exception that I get an undelivered error when closing the chat window
  • Chat history is stuck at day of my profile backup, never updated

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #814 on: 19 01 2020, 20:23:16 »
aekotra,
you needed to compact your profile using the old database driver (restore it from the Backup folder of Plugin Updater), as described at our site.
if you restored an old profile, it won't help you

Offline aekotra

« Reply #815 on: 20 01 2020, 22:54:00 »
aekotra,
you needed to compact your profile using the old database driver (restore it from the Backup folder of Plugin Updater), as described at our site.
if you restored an old profile, it won't help you

I restored the entire Backup folder but I still receive "unrecognized format" error for that profile.  I guess that means that the old backups have already been overwritten by new backups.

Do I need to find a dev version archive from early January? 

Offline ghazan

« Reply #816 on: 21 01 2020, 14:34:30 »
aekotra,
Do precisely as described at the site / Facebook:
- you need to restore only libmdbx.mir to the old one that has no "unrecognized format" message
- after that compact your profile

If needed, you may restore the old profile, if the current one got broken

Offline aekotra

« Reply #817 on: 22 01 2020, 07:54:14 »
The modified date of the backup libmdbx.mir is already newer than my original profile dat.  I assume it was updated a second time sometime after I switched profiles and overwrote the existing libmdbx.mir in /Backups.  So, restoring that file results in the same "unknown format" error. 

So, I need the libmdbx.mir from before Jan 11 (the date of my profile)...?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #818 on: 22 01 2020, 09:18:37 »
aekotra,
I assume it was updated a second time sometime after I switched profiles and overwrote the existing libmdbx.mir in /Backups.
Yes, that's possible. In this case you can try to extract libmdbx.mir (and only it) from the stable version of Miranda:
https://miranda-ng.org/distr/stable/x64/miranda64.zip - 64 bits version
https://miranda-ng.org/distr/stable/x32/miranda32.zip - 32 bits version

Also you can simply extract the complete stable core into another folder, move your profile there, compact it and return back to dev version