Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360380 times)

Offline dartraiden

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #735 on: 23 01 2019, 16:56:30 »
Try to disable "Show wall posts (news feed)" option in protocol settings.

Offline riki

« Reply #736 on: 23 01 2019, 19:27:08 »
Hello Dartraiden, thanks for helping.
However, that option is already off and always has been.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #737 on: 24 01 2019, 11:55:39 »
riki,

no, you ain't alone with this problem, we already have ~5 reports about it.
it would be great if you had a network log when this problem happens for the first time

Offline riki

« Reply #738 on: 24 01 2019, 12:53:06 »
@ghazan
Good to hear from you. Glad not to be alone! Unfortunately, the nature of the problem (which shows on the browser, not in Miranda) makes it harder to know exactly when to start logging or what to look for. Do you have any suggestions to help me create a useful log?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #739 on: 24 01 2019, 15:44:30 »
Do you have any suggestions to help me create a useful log?
just turn it on and don't disable. disks are not expensive these days, it won't exceed ~10M per day. if it fails, zip it and send to me

Offline riki

« Reply #740 on: 19 02 2019, 03:29:56 »
I've kept logging on all the time, truncating the log and starting over every other day, more or less. No incident to report until today.
Today Facebook did it again, but this time Miranda was closed (I was backing up some data, which can't be done with the program running). This time, I think the trouble at login was caused by browsing the site from another machine on the same public IP addr (it's in my LAN).

I am getting more and more convinced that the problem is with Facebook's nosy attitude, not with Miranda. If it happens again with Miranda running, I'll send you a zipped log as you invited me to do.

Thank you again!

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #741 on: 03 03 2019, 20:27:03 »
I also have the same problem. I had to change password a few times because of this problem and, apparently (considering the security mail that facebook sends me), more precisely on:

-11 january
-19 januray
-17 february
-3 march

It's a bit annoying because this time facebook asked me to select friends I have sent messages recently to or friends' photos to know it's really me...

Offline chlopec

« Reply #742 on: 03 04 2019, 09:04:39 »
Same thing happened to all miranda ng + facebook users around me in the past few weeks. One of them mentioned 5 password changes up to date  :D And now it happened to me too.

The following users thanked this post: Timoha

Offline Morku

« Reply #743 on: 04 04 2019, 21:24:56 »
I had the same issue for twice now (using latest Nightly).
Miranda unable to connect fo Facebook and Facebook temporary locked my profile.

I am not doing much at all on Facebook, but what I have noticed is... When I was active on Facebook, it locked me afterwards. Meaning, the first time, I liked a page and a few moments later, I was locked (Miranda was active in background). So when I enabled my profile back, it asked me "if it was me, who liked this page".

Then it worked fine again, for about 2-3 days.

Then I got a friendship request and I agreed to it. Few moments later, I was locked out again and was asked "if it was me, who agreed to that friend". Miranda was active in background. So maybe, there is a relation to that. In my Miranda settings, I don't have "Show wall posts (news feed)" enabled.

Offline riki

« Reply #744 on: 28 04 2019, 02:36:44 »
Another issue with Facebook, not sure Miranda has anything to do with it though.

I'm frequently getting temporary blocks from the website:

Code: [Select]
You've been temporarily blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too quickly. You've been blocked from using it.

The feature I'm allegedly misusing is looking at people's profiles (just anyone's, friends included).

I'd just stopped hunting (logging) for the forced password change glitch, because I'd convinced myself that Miranda might be innocent about that indeed.

Then, immediately by Murphy's Law, here's one more forced password change and, just a few hours later, a temporary block. I'll see if I can get the even logged next time, and send a zipped file to you, @ghazan.

The opacity of FB's rules really ticks me off.

Offline aekotra

« Reply #745 on: 25 05 2019, 04:57:24 »
FYI to anyone who was temp blocked/forced to changed password and can no longer log in with Miranda:

Delete the Facebook DeviceID key using the Database Editor.

The following users thanked this post: riki

Offline newsjunkie247

« Reply #746 on: 28 05 2019, 21:12:17 »
Can others confirm that they are no longer able to get realtime Facebook notification indicators (via popup or tooltip) and/or perhaps suggest a way to fix this issue? For the past week it only seems to check for notifications when I login but then not again on an ongoing basis like it used to. Would appreciate any insight on this.

Offline riki

« Reply #747 on: 31 05 2019, 12:25:50 »
Here's a glitch I am experiencing with the FB protocol. Sometimes Miranda loses messages, both sent and received. They appear in FB webpage chat, but they never appear in Miranda.

I do have Options / Network / FB protocol / Messaging / Load last messages on opening message window = 99

but some messages won't load this way. I have to get the whole contact history from FB using "Load history", then my history becomes full of duplicates. Same if I delete the last message key in DB editor: I get the whole history. That's too much for something happened less than 100 msgs ago.

Is there a way to get only the last n messages?

@ghazan, in case it helps, I am PM-ing you a network log made while opening a msg window hoping to get the last 99 messages - but the lost messages didn't download to Miranda History. If needed, I can make any other test you require.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #748 on: 01 06 2019, 12:40:18 »
riki,
ok, so the rest of messages isn't retrieved?

Offline riki

« Reply #749 on: 01 06 2019, 16:19:34 »
Correct: the messages are not retrieved if I simply open the messaging window. According to my options, on opening the window, the last 99 messages should be retrieved (I used max setting). The network log I sent you refers to this circumstance of simply opening the message window.

On the other hand, if I choose the menu item "load history", old messages are retrieved OK. Then everything is retrieved and history becomes full of duplicates. Last time I tried to clean up duplicates with the database utility, I got a corrupt user.dat, good that I had made a backup before trying.