Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360436 times)

Offline aekotra

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #510 on: 20 02 2016, 02:33:00 »
I've been receiving "login error: unknown error" since this morning on the dev version.  Totally unable to login.  I've tried logging in and out of Facebook in my browser and restarting Miranda.  Is this a known issue?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #511 on: 21 02 2016, 22:47:16 »
aekotra, will look at later. For now try to login from browser without old cookies (e.g. use Private browser window or something like that). ( See also - http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=3970.msg16127#msg16127 )

It is known. I need to adapt plugin to some new facebook changes, but I'm too busy these days...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline aekotra

« Reply #512 on: 21 02 2016, 23:11:37 »
Thank you!  No change after logging in without old cookies but deleting deviceID worked in my case.

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #513 on: 25 02 2016, 12:14:42 »
Thank you!  No change after logging in without old cookies but deleting deviceID worked in my case.
I've got the same problem, can't log in FB. I'd like to try deleting deviceID, but I don't know how to do it, can you help please?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #514 on: 25 02 2016, 19:56:29 »
ladyzaba, http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:Facebook/en#Troubleshooting

Someone also told me that changing password on Facebook helped him to connect from Miranda again.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #515 on: 25 02 2016, 22:59:27 »
Robyer, I've tried both changing password (it didn't help) and this advice how to delete deviceID before, but I didn't manage :-(. I open Database Editor, but I'm not able to find „key DeviceID in branch Settings/<account's internal name>“. In Settings, there are many many things, but nothing named DeviceID or account's internal name.
There are many things which seem not to have any relation among them. Names of contacts, things like AutoBackups, CList or Known Modules, all mixed together. Among all these things are Facebook_1 and Facebook_1]. Should I delete these two? I'm not sure...

Offline Robyer

« Reply #516 on: 27 02 2016, 07:24:43 »
ladyzaba, by "<account's internal name>" I meant for example the "Facebook_1". So if you open that branch, there you should be able to find the DeviceID line.

Offline pepinlebref

• Pepin le Bref, father of Charlemagne!
« Reply #517 on: 29 02 2016, 08:46:44 »
Hi,
I used 'Messenger' on my mobile device to create a discussion group.
In this group, I added contacts with whom I'm 'Facebook friend' but also other Facebook contacts not "Facebook friends".
The effect is that on Miranda chat room, these contacts "not Facebook friend" appear with there internal FB id.
=> Is there a way to associate a Nickname to these contacts in Miranda?

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #518 on: 29 02 2016, 09:48:07 »
ladyzaba, by "<account's internal name>" I meant for example the "Facebook_1". So if you open that branch, there you should be able to find the DeviceID line.
Great, it works! Thank you very much :-).

Offline Robyer

« Reply #519 on: 29 02 2016, 11:02:13 »
pepinlebref, not yet, I will someday implement support for loading their names automatically.

Offline Dannimax

« Reply #520 on: 29 02 2016, 17:47:39 »
i got the same problem, once again Facebook gives me trouble. Unfortunately, even deleting the Device ID in Facebook_1 doesnt solve the problem. As soon as i close the Database-Editor, this Device-ID-File is back and he still gives me the "unknown mistake".

Offline Robyer

« Reply #521 on: 29 02 2016, 22:30:48 »
Dannimax, please read my latest posts in this thread and try other solutions too (some ways on wiki, or changing password and logging in via private mode in browser)

Offline pepinlebref

« Reply #522 on: 01 03 2016, 07:09:05 »
I will someday implement support for loading their names automatically
A manual entry is also acceptable ;)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #523 on: 01 03 2016, 10:57:18 »
A manual entry is also acceptable ;)
But perhaps it would take same time to implement :-)

As a workaround you can add these contacts to your clist (not necesarry to your friends on FB). Either just double click the contact in room list to open private chat with him (this will add temporary contact and load it's name) or right click on it and show contact details (if there is such item). Then as long as this contact is in clist, at next loading of the chatroom (leave and join agian) the contact will have name from your clist ;-)

Offline pepinlebref

« Reply #524 on: 02 03 2016, 07:37:00 »
What could be the reason why a 'group chat' do not appear ?
I can discuss in this group using a web browser but nothing appears on Miranda neither for incoming message nor message I send via the web browser...

I have another issue: on a group chat appearing in Miranda, incoming message don't always appear while they appear in my web browser.
I can see however in the status bar of the message log window the "user xx has read" notification