Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Facebook protocol

<< < (152/192) > >>

riki:
A new issue: after forcing the n-th password change on me, Facebook now won't let me login via Miranda. I bet this issue is already known by Ghazan and the other developers working on the FB plugin, but I am sending the very small netlog to @ghazan, just in case.

EDIT (addition)
The previous issue (no login via Miranda) has been solved. It wasn't Miranda's problem. I had to reset the password, because FB wouldn't let me log in by any browser. Maybe Miranda just triggered the problem? It is a possibility, because it happened right after an update, but the problem was general.

About lost messages in history:

Some messages are still retrospectively missed after the fact, even if I have "load last messages on opening message windows" set to 99 (max). I am not able to understand in which conditions this happens (it's not everytime, just sometime). Ok, this is not new.

But I do have some new information: it appears that the messages containing a quote are systematically missed by Miranda, not only in history after the fact: the messages are missed even if Miranda is online and the window is open when the message arrives.

1c3man:
I have a similar (maybe the same) issue. Starting a week ago FB locked my account after logging in from Miranda.
I had to change my password and it worked just fine until I logged in again from Miranda.
The log in process was ok, but after 5 mins FB locked again my account saying that somebody connected to my account.
I tried this cycle 2 or 3 times and each time FB account was locked after logging in from Miranda.

thosrtanner:
The problem happens round about once a week for me

riki:
Could it be that updating Miranda triggers the security problem/password change routine in facebook? Confirm or deny if you have evidence.

On a related note to avoid double posting, undesirable behavior continues: messages with a quote just vanish. Miranda doesn't see them at all.

culinko:

--- Quote from: riki on 25 07 2019, 14:22:42 ---Could it be that updating Miranda triggers the security problem/password change routine in facebook? Confirm or deny if you have evidence.

--- End quote ---

I used to start Miranda every time I started my PC (once a day), with automatically connecting to Facebook. If there was an update for Miranda, I pressed the notification bubble and the updater would update, restarted Miranda and then my Facebook would automatically connect again (it would still work properly after that). My account was locked some time during the next 30 minutes (don't know the exact time) after the last update+restart of Miranda on July 23. However the account lock didn't happen every time there was a Miranda update, because I ran Miranda every day and FB locked me out 7 times total so far (Feb 20, Apr 03, Jun 21, Jul 10, Jul 16, Jul 19 and Jul 23). It's interesting to see that it was happening more frequently lately. To be honest I gave up on Miranda for now after the last time they locked my account on July 23 and I am waiting for the plugin to be reworked or for this bug to be fixed.

On another note, could I request an important feature for the plugin updater? Because I use auto-connecting for my networks, if there is an update for Miranda and I want to update right away, I have to restart the Miranda and auto-connect to my networks again (meaning I am connecting to my networks twice in a short amount pf time). Could you add an option to Miranda to not auto-connect if there are new updates? This way I could just update Miranda first without connecting to the networks and after Miranda is restarted it would auto-connect to my networks because there wouldn't be any new updates anymore. Thank you in advance, much appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version