Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Facebook protocol

<< < (151/192) > >>

Thug:

--- Quote from: riki on 23 01 2019, 14:30:04 ---It's been a couple of weeks that Facebook (the web site) gets angry when I log in with Miranda. Suddenly, it kicks me out and forces me to change password. It happened 5 times already. It doesn't happen every time I log in with Miranda, but only sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which circumstances cause the trouble.
--- End quote ---
In my experience it happens when I download something (some torrent for example) that takes over all my internet channel. Miranda loses connection, Status Manager plugin tries to reconnect constantly, and FB eventually blocks my account.

Morku:
I give up.

After 2-3 month when the issue was reported, Facebook still kicks me out, when I use Facebook Miranda.

Before, I deleted the Facebook Account data in Miranda completly to create a new one. Second, I use always the latest Miranda Nightly and Facebook protocoll.

I logged into Facebook in Miranda, it worked for 2-3 days fine. I got a friendship request, accepted and just after about 1 hour -> kicked.

So... okay. No more Facebook in Miranda NG.

Vulpix:
It's being rewritten from scratch at the moment, so if you wait a while, and monitor these threads, eventually you should see a version that works.

Morku:
Thank you. Good to know.
Of course I understand, that technical the Plugin is fine and the block always is serverside. Facebook is a beast.
I will keep an eye on this thread. :)

Vulpix:
If you wish you can also monitor the commits on github, but I think since the Facebook protocol is a somewhat big thing, there may be a "stable" release for it when it's completed.

The commits can be seen here: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commits/

And you can see quite a few facebook-related commits in the past few days, courtesy of @Ghazan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version