Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

moving to miranda-NG

(1/2) > >>

elaci0:
Hi there!
 I'm trying to move to Miranda-NG, mostly because its better support for skype and facebook.
While converting the profile I found out that during past years something weird happened with the users' history and some of their messages have "chinese" characters inside.
I suspect that something wrong happened when I moved from ANSI to  Unicode because I tried to load an old ANSI  miranda-im  with an old  profile.dat   and I see messages correctly.
Now I'm looking for a way to have coherent with unicode. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
 a.

Robyer:
Hi, try to run DBChecker (http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:DbChecker/en) and then check some option to "Convert messages to unicode" (or something like that).

elaci0:
Hi, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately also "converting" to unicode did not solve my problem: those message are still in "chinese" :-(
is there any tool that I can use to browse the history part of the database  ?

Robyer:
No.
Could you try to use Unicode Miranda IM and see if it has same problem as NG?

Another solution could be to export history from your old working version (with userinfoex, basichistory, mcontacts,... plugin) and then import it back in NG.

elaci0:
yep, i'm playing with old versions of MirandaIM. I'm quite sure something wrong happened in the past and if I open   profile.dat  with an ANSI miranda I can see all the messages. If I do with a Unicode   I cannot.
I tried to export the  profile.dat   with  "Dbtool.exe"  but it always crash while exporting if  UTF8 conversion is checked. I always crash at the same point. I tried the conversion also after a rebuild with Aggresive corruption check, but still crashes.

I will try your suggested plugins, I have hundred of contacts so It could be a pain to export all of them on by one  an then reimporting. I'm now trying with  message_Exp  just to see what is the result.

thanks for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version