Author Topic: xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Koopz

xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts
« on: 11 01 2014, 14:24:57 »
My friends (who are using the original xFire) were telling me that they always receive blank messages if it contains umlauts (ö,ä,ü).
It worked before it got updated some months ago... might've been a few versions ago...
Is someone experiencing that problem too?

Offline watcher

Re: xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts
« Reply #1 on: 11 01 2014, 17:33:30 »
This plugin is still ANSI internally, so it cuts off Unicode symbols.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 11 01 2014, 18:22:13 »
Watcher: Not really, I think I switched it to Unicode internally (at least partially).

Koopz: Try to look into XFire options and check/uncheck option for utf8 sending messages or similar unicode option. And tell us if it helped or not.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Koopz

« Reply #3 on: 12 01 2014, 19:12:57 »
I can't find any option like that in the protocoll options.
Also used the search function in the options window and looked for "utf" or "uni". No matches at all.
Also looked for plugin updates just to be sure i'm having the newest (stable) version.

Offline Robyer

Re:xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts
« Reply #4 on: 13 01 2014, 14:03:36 »
Oh, true. I removed that option already. I'll try to look at it after some days/weeks, when I will have more time.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline uzzerek

Odp: xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts
« Reply #5 on: 16 01 2014, 19:34:39 »
I have the same problem with XFire protocol but with polish characters (ąćęłńóśźż). Every time I use at least one of them - I get info that I sending empty message. I hope this will be fix, because I have few friends who using XFire.

Offline Robyer

Re:xFire doesn't send Messages with umlauts
« Reply #6 on: 20 01 2014, 14:11:51 »
Fixed (in development version) ;)

Offline Koopz

« Reply #7 on: 20 01 2014, 21:24:51 »
Yay!
When can we expect an update?^^

Offline Robyer

« Reply #8 on: 31 01 2014, 12:39:48 »
I forgot to reply, but I guess you already have that working new version, right? :)