Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Miranda NG general talk

IRC Notifications configuration

(1/2) > >>

Alexxx:
Hi all,

I have some diffuculties to configure IRC plugin / contact list / tchat window to do what I want.
First of all, I'm using all the default plugins (which seems to be modern contast list 0.9.11; IRC 0.11.0.1 and tabsrmm 3.1.99.8).

What I want to do is:
 - do not popup and open new tchat window when somebody talk to me on a channel (so when my nickname appears) or in private (but I successfully configure this last one choice).
 - in contact list, do not blink icon (with special icon) when somebody enter /leave / notify / speak ... into a channel; and so, also into systray where I want only blinking icon if somedy talk directly to me (in channel or in private message)
 - when I start a private message, add the contact into a special group.

How to do all this (if possible)?

(In fact all theses "simple" things seems really diffucult to configure in Miranda; maybe you can do special "meta parameters" or conf in a future release to auto check/uncheck other parameters).

Thanks.

watcher:

--- Quote from: Alexxx on 18 12 2013, 15:56:08 --- - when I start a private message, add the contact into a special group
--- End quote ---

This one is not possible AFAIK, contact will go to the root group, to bottom of it as temporary.

Alexxx:
Ok, and for the other ones, how to pamarater them?

soopah:

--- Quote ---- do not popup and open new tchat window when somebody talk to me on a channel (so when my nickname appears) or in private (but I successfully configure this last one choice).
--- End quote ---

do you still want to highlight your name? (change colors)
you can go in Options > Message Setting > Group chats > Highlighting > uncheck "Highlight messages containing my own nick name"

Alexxx:
Yes, I want to have message containing my own nickname to be in a different colors.
To have icon blinking in contact list when such a message appears.
These is actually working with the defaults parameters (un)checked.

But I don't want auto open of the tchat window when someone speak to me  (when my nicknames appears). I just want to be notify (icon blinking into contact list or icon of the tab tchat)
It actually open  new tab in window tchat group, and give it focus. which is really unplaisant :/
(if I'm using another software, and don't actually tchat, I don't want to be disturb).
Post Merge: 23 12 2013, 09:20:26Ok I've found :)

So it's in Options > Message Sessions > Tabs and Layout > How to create tabs and windows for incomming messages

I've unchecked all.

I don't know who want to have auto popup / create tab / focus on it when a new message is comming (to have theses parameters auto checked by default)... but it's really intrusive!

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version