Author Topic: Update checking already started!  (Read 22612 times)

Offline watcher

Re: Update checking already started!
« Reply #30 on: 09 01 2014, 12:45:37 »
I've tried it with with my Miranda (not the test version with debug symbols), and it immediately found updates for all the protocols, the Dbx_3x and the PluginUpdater (the last one is very strange... this one should be the last version, isn't it?).

No - it's all ok, Dbx_3x - because in code of a new updater is to kill it (we got rid of this database driver) and PluginUpdate itself it "updated" to older version, cause it verifies the hashes on specific repo an syncs with it, any version that differs it will see as "needed to be updated", this way we can prevent all the "zoo" of different plugins and their versions that existed on Miranda IM.

So, you can return the new version, remove the checkbox from pluginupdater component in updates window until the next stable, then you can update it all, including updater itself.

Post Merge: 09 01 2014, 12:48:58
And thanks for a bug-report!  :THUMBS UP:
« Last Edit: 09 01 2014, 12:48:00 by watcher »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #31 on: 09 01 2014, 14:41:49 »
Thanks to you for solving my problem!  ;)

I'll update all except the PluginUpdater, and I'll wait for the next release for a complete update (is there any scheduled date?).

Offline watcher

« Reply #32 on: 09 01 2014, 14:45:25 »
is there any scheduled date?

I think it will be pretty soon, we never schedule a date, just when all the features of specific builds are ready and no nasty bugs are found and we are almost there.

Post Merge: 09 01 2014, 14:47:05
Thanks to you for solving my problem!  ;)

You are welcome!  :DRINK:
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #33 on: 09 01 2014, 14:48:58 »
I've noticed that the update for the protocol plugins is due to the protocol icons.

I use personalized icons and the update overwrite that.
As soon as I restore my icons, the plugin updater detected new updates for the protocols again.
Is there a way to avoid that?

Offline watcher

« Reply #34 on: 09 01 2014, 14:56:45 »
I use personalized icons and the update overwrite that.
As soon as I restore my icons, the plugin updater detected new updates for the protocols again.
Is there a way to avoid that?

Nowdays - very easy, just remove checkboxes from protocol icon-sets components in updater window and leave it this way, then automatic updates won't even check for it. If you manually check for updates will show you the window with unchecked components.

Post Merge: 09 01 2014, 12:59:37
And with unchecked icons you can update protocols if it asks you to do it - it won't overwrite the icons.
« Last Edit: 09 01 2014, 15:04:44 by watcher »
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #35 on: 09 01 2014, 17:37:08 »
I didn't noticed that the update plugin listed the icons, not the protocols!
Ok, unchecked, thanks!

Maybe an option in the plugin updater page to disable icons update would be more comfortable.

Offline watcher

« Reply #36 on: 09 01 2014, 17:50:23 »
calabar,  there was an option not to update icons - but we chose this way - because there are some plugins (such as fingerprint) that wasn't getting updates with all the icons turned off, user didn't know that update even exists and it would create problematic situation. So it's better to uncheck the unwanted components in per user set-up.
« Last Edit: 10 01 2014, 00:32:20 by watcher »
Please read forum rules.

Offline calabar

« Reply #37 on: 09 01 2014, 18:37:21 »
Good point!  ;D
So I remember correctly that there was such option... at first I looked for it but I didn't find it!

greetings!