Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 271571 times)

Offline watcher

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #30 on: 02 06 2014, 20:57:39 »
Being compiled for stable build doesn't make a component stable.

Here i meant, that pre-alpha component that not even included in dev build (for whatever reason - critical error, not ready yet, author is not ready for it to be included in repo) compiled for stable build is still the same raw not ready component. If you want to test these plugins - update to dev builds, download them manually and update them manually on your own risk as wiki says. But compiling them for stable branch creates illusion of stability of plugin and creates a dangerous situation when updating stable branch to next stable - it migh crash and you won't even know what hit you, why, what crashes and even if you'll suspect that this is specific plugin - it will confuse you with the solution, what to do, which build to take now - cause previous been given to you by White-Tiger.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Novack

« Reply #31 on: 02 06 2014, 21:02:01 »
Hey thanks for the info.

We have pretty much anarchy here. Everyone is doing on anything that he has mood for at that moment. We're only a few developers here. Each decides his own preferences.
Looks like you guys are doing fantastically with this apporach, we really appreciate the work and effort. And now I know what to expect in terms of times (Valve time, aka "is ready when is ready").

Offline Robyer

« Reply #32 on: 02 06 2014, 21:11:22 »
Valve time, aka "is ready when is ready"
Yep, as usually in open source projects :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #33 on: 02 06 2014, 21:11:29 »
mistafist, No, we'll fix it. Thanks for report ;-)

mistafist
It works correctly in x64 version for me. So you had something else broken :-) (like wrong password/login - it doesn't show errors, and then it wouldn't let you login again, because there is some bug that sometimes needs restart after unsuccessful login).
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Novack

« Reply #34 on: 02 06 2014, 21:13:36 »
    Valve time, aka "is ready when is ready"

Yep, as usually in open source projects :)
Haha yes indeed. But maybe there was some internal roadmap defining work allocation.

I will keep waiting for stable releases, and likely open some requests on the feedback page to motivate you guys on a given direction. Cheers, and thanks.

Offline mistafist

« Reply #35 on: 02 06 2014, 21:20:09 »
mistafist
It works correctly in x64 version for me. So you had something else broken :-) (like wrong password/login - it doesn't show errors, and then it wouldn't let you login again, because there is some bug that sometimes needs restart after unsuccessful login).

Upon login, steam sent me the code to my email.  So the login was successful.  I just did not get the popup window to input this code to fully log in.

I'll reinstall x64 to check again.

Tried again.  All login info 100% correct.  No other connection attempts made, fresh install, freshly started the program.  On connection attempt I receive an email from steam with the code I need to input.  But the popup window does not show.  I used an app I use sometimes and forced all windows created by Miranda NG to show and it's not one of them.
« Last Edit: 02 06 2014, 21:39:02 by mistafist »

Offline watcher

« Reply #36 on: 02 06 2014, 21:21:56 »
But maybe there was some internal roadmap defining work allocation.

It's out in an open - http://trac.miranda-ng.org/roadmap
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #37 on: 02 06 2014, 23:17:48 »
anyway :P If people wanna try (and I for myself can't say anything about the current state of the protocol as I'm not using it) here it is... compatible with current stable (well it should be :P)

Try it if you want to, but please backup your profile first (got some bad experience with Miranda crashing xD)
As far as I know, it should work more or less :P
« Last Edit: 03 06 2014, 06:18:08 by Mataes »

Offline watcher

« Reply #38 on: 03 06 2014, 06:04:47 »
anyway :P If people wanna try (and I for myself can't say anything about the current state of the protocol as I'm not using it) here it is... compatible with current stable (well it should be :P)

You wanna be "a stable branch Messiah" - ok, all the problem that might occur is on you.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #39 on: 03 06 2014, 06:13:54 »
I talked to author and he said to me, that old core is not supported. So if you want to install White Tiger compiles - do make your decisions based on that, please.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Mataes

« Reply #40 on: 03 06 2014, 06:18:47 »
attachment removed coz alpha plugin shouldn't be in stable

Offline Robyer

« Reply #41 on: 03 06 2014, 06:45:56 »
Tried again.  All login info 100% correct.  No other connection attempts made, fresh install, freshly started the program.  On connection attempt I receive an email from steam with the code I need to input.  But the popup window does not show.  I used an app I use sometimes and forced all windows created by Miranda NG to show and it's not one of them.

Hmm, you're right. It worked when I tried it while debugging in Visual Studio, but when I runned it without it, it didn't worked. Could you create a ticket on our tracker for this?

I just fixed it.
« Last Edit: 03 06 2014, 08:07:52 by Robyer »

Offline watcher

« Reply #42 on: 03 06 2014, 08:09:54 »
Binaries updated to r9400.  (with Robyer's fix).
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #43 on: 03 06 2014, 14:21:46 »
Binaries updated to r9401.
Please read forum rules.

Offline mistafist

« Reply #44 on: 03 06 2014, 16:31:10 »
Hmm, you're right. It worked when I tried it while debugging in Visual Studio, but when I runned it without it, it didn't worked. Could you create a ticket on our tracker for this?

I just fixed it.

Nice one.  Thanks for that. :THUMBS UP: