Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 267482 times)

Offline Novack

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #15 on: 02 06 2014, 14:25:59 »
Any idea when we can expect this plugin to be available for the stable builds?

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #16 on: 02 06 2014, 15:06:31 »
on next stable release :P Do you use stable and don't want to use dev? (which I can understand^^)
I can compile it for stable if you want ;)

Offline Novack

« Reply #17 on: 02 06 2014, 15:15:38 »
Woot! That would be awesome, yes.

Indeed I dont want to move my version to dev, so fr example Steam & whatsapp plugins are out of reach for me until available on stable.

Offline skitungen

• [ with no memory comes little responsibility ]
« Reply #18 on: 02 06 2014, 15:28:14 »
on next stable release :P Do you use stable and don't want to use dev? (which I can understand^^)

Please, I would surely like a copy of stable Steam too. And I know one more who would :)  :DRINK:

::EDIT:: btw, the version you compile is already stable enough for stable build I hope! ;)
« Last Edit: 02 06 2014, 15:31:11 by skitungen »
[ damned be thee who forgets to nothing remember ]

Offline mistafist

« Reply #19 on: 02 06 2014, 16:58:55 »
There is a popup when you try to connect the first time.

Ok, I'm not getting this popup then.  I receive the code to my email on connection attempt, but no popup to input this information into.  Tried uninstall/reinstall, same deal.  This is on the x64 dev version with x64 plugin on win 8.1 x64.
« Last Edit: 02 06 2014, 19:07:35 by mistafist »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #20 on: 02 06 2014, 19:41:23 »
mistafist, could you try it with 32-bit version?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mistafist

« Reply #21 on: 02 06 2014, 19:48:37 »
mistafist, could you try it with 32-bit version?

Sure.  Ok, I get the popup on the 32 bit version and am able to log in successfully.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Do you need logs or is this reproducible?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #22 on: 02 06 2014, 19:55:51 »
mistafist, No, we'll fix it. Thanks for report ;-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #23 on: 02 06 2014, 20:14:35 »

It is not sure at all that it will be included to the next stable. It's not included even to the dev repo now. No need to speculate on the matter. Let's wait for the author.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #24 on: 02 06 2014, 20:15:39 »
Please, I would surely like a copy of stable Steam too. And I know one more who would :)  :DRINK:

::EDIT:: btw, the version you compile is already stable enough for stable build I hope! ;)

Being compiled for stable build doesn't make a component stable.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline mistafist

« Reply #25 on: 02 06 2014, 20:16:29 »
Using the x86 dev version and 32 bit version of plugin, when I send a message I receive the error "A message failed to send successfully."  Delivery failure: (null)
However, the recipient receives the message.

*edit - Setting Send unsafe (ignore timeouts) hides the error, but could be some issue there?
« Last Edit: 02 06 2014, 20:33:41 by mistafist »

Offline watcher

« Reply #26 on: 02 06 2014, 20:18:21 »

And on the next stable if they are not part of the repo they might crash whole Miranda. I will send them to you to solve their problem. Please stop compiling pre-alpha for stable core.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Novack

« Reply #27 on: 02 06 2014, 20:26:48 »
Being compiled for stable build doesn't make a component stable.
How do you guys define the proper stability required for that tag? I was about to add a feature request on the new feedback page, for this info:

* Criteria for allocation of resources to a given plugin.
* The requirements for considering it stable.
* The process of determining the priority of the work on a plugin.

The understanding of this points would be of great help for those of us waiting for stable releases.

Offline watcher

« Reply #28 on: 02 06 2014, 20:40:04 »
How do you guys define the proper stability required for that tag? I

Build that being tested for weeks after all the desired features were finished and most of the known bugs were fixed.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #29 on: 02 06 2014, 20:57:31 »
* The requirements for considering it stable.
We don't have strict guidelines for that. It's just informed guess. We (author of plugin) usually know how many (and how important) bugs or not working features are there, so it's ready when he decides it's ready :-)

* Criteria for allocation of resources to a given plugin.
* The process of determining the priority of the work on a plugin.
We have pretty much anarchy here. Everyone is doing on anything that he has mood for at that moment. We're only a few developers here. Each decides his own preferences.