Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 271946 times)

Offline SpinalBlood

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #435 on: 29 03 2017, 18:49:23 »
No

Offline Robyer

« Reply #436 on: 05 05 2017, 16:47:18 »
Could you try stable Miranda version if it behave differently there? I think there is some network issue in core, affecting at least Facebook's sending messages. So it might be related to this too (or it's completely unrelated).
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #437 on: 08 05 2017, 21:35:57 »
I have tested the stable version, but same problem

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #438 on: 22 05 2017, 20:43:06 »
So far Steam cannot be used at all with this problem...  :(

Seems like not every account is affected, but I know at least another user that has this problem...

Offline Robyer

« Reply #439 on: 23 05 2017, 10:37:28 »
SpinalBlood, so you said it doesn't work on Windows XP, but only for some Steam accounts? And on Windows 7 it works for these accounts? Can you try OpenSSL plugin (you said you don't use it currently) on Windows XP?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #440 on: 12 08 2017, 23:15:26 »
Well I only asked another contact I know and he has the same problem in his Windows 7, like me.

I try tomorrow with OpenSSL in Windows XP

(by the way, as of today I can't see the posts in this topic unless i post a new message, where it shows a preview of the last messages...   ???

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #441 on: 13 08 2017, 10:12:33 »
Tried in WinXP and now the formatting error message is gone, but like in windows 7, keeps on trying connecting.

I could tell OpenSSL worked though because now Tox can connect (it had the same message as steam)

So steam is still broken.  :(

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #442 on: 22 08 2017, 16:18:19 »
Ok, I tried to register a new Steam account. Looks like I can connect on this new one.

I have tried to add some friends in the original website (just to be safe, if I recall there were some problems in Miranda doing that), to see if I can see them in Miranda later too. But looks like I can't because:

Having trouble accessing a Steam Community Feature?
New accounts are limited from using all of Steam's community features. You'll have access to all of Steam's features once you've spent $5.00 USD in the Steam store or added $5.00 USD to your Steam Wallet. Some of the features that you won't be able to access are:

Adding friends on Steam
    Buying or Selling items on the Steam Community Market
    Creating a Group on Steam Community
    Creating user reviews or rating artwork, screenshots, workshop content, or Greenlight submissions
    Using Friends chat in your Browser or on a Mobile device

So it looks like I'm reported as online, so it's probably working.

Why my main account can't connect, but I can on the new one?  :(

Offline Robyer

« Reply #443 on: 23 08 2017, 22:13:47 »
SpinalBlood, about that quote - that was showed for the newly created account? And yet you can login and be seen as online correctly? Weird. I would expect that is the problem of your old account (that you are not allowed to use chat in browser, as mentioned in that quote).

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #444 on: 27 08 2017, 21:48:07 »
It was shown when I tried to add a friend from the original website

The fact is that this 5 $ thing is not recent but seems from 2015, while my Steam was working fine until march

Also, this only applies for the "new" accounts, because my account is very old it doesn't have this limitation

In the meanwihle I made another person test his own account in Miranda (he created it in 2016 and he has payed for a game); works fine

I can understand new accounts might have problems because of this new limitation; but they still connect, while my account doesn't reach the online status at all

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #445 on: 27 08 2017, 21:53:05 »
Do you have two-factor authentication? Steam guard? Anything different in terms of authentication?

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #446 on: 27 08 2017, 22:05:47 »
Not that I know of. Never tried Steam on any phone. The account security section only shows Steam Guard and it's disabled

It was enabled earlier but the result is the same

Offline Robyer

« Reply #447 on: 28 08 2017, 06:33:13 »
SpinalBlood, as I said before, you should try other Steam clients whether they work for you or not. Namely Steam app for mobile phones, Pidgin with Steam plugin.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #448 on: 28 08 2017, 12:56:32 »
I have tested a program called Nox (Android emulator) and Pidgin. I can connect and talk successfully with both of them

It also works here: https://steamcommunity.com/mobilelogin/

It's then sure that there is no limitation on my account. But now I have tried Miranda again and it is still not connecting

Offline Robyer

« Reply #449 on: 28 08 2017, 13:09:20 »
Alright, so it sounds like bug in Miranda's Steam plugin. I can look at it when I have some time.