Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 271664 times)

Offline Robyer

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #390 on: 10 03 2016, 21:01:09 »
EDIT: I have confirmed that the issue is indeed caused by the Mobile auth. I used my gf account who does not have the mobile auth enabled and for her account everything worked. So is it something that could be fixed? So the Steam protocol in Miranda could also work with mobile Auth ?

It's surely possible to implement the mobile authorization too, but as it doesn't work in Pidgin either, it would require some reverse engineering, and I don't know whether anyone has time for that now.

Could you disable your mobile authorization and try it only with e-mail authorization? Just to be really sure it's this problem :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline De7ilx

« Reply #391 on: 10 03 2016, 21:57:29 »
It's surely possible to implement the mobile authorization too, but as it doesn't work in Pidgin either, it would require some reverse engineering, and I don't know whether anyone has time for that now.

Could you disable your mobile authorization and try it only with e-mail authorization? Just to be really sure it's this problem :)

I removed the mobile auth and this time the Steam plugin asked for the confirmation code from the e-mail. I was able to log into steam after entering the code.
So that confirms that the Mobile auth is not working in the Steam Plugin in Miranda.

Also I noticed that even I had 3-4 people online in steam the Steam plugin showed no one online. Only thing it showed that one offline player was playing a game.. yet in steam that person was online and playing.

Offline Ratha

« Reply #392 on: 12 03 2016, 20:38:10 »
I removed the mobile auth and this time the Steam plugin asked for the confirmation code from the e-mail. I was able to log into steam after entering the code.
So that confirms that the Mobile auth is not working in the Steam Plugin in Miranda.

Also I noticed that even I had 3-4 people online in steam the Steam plugin showed no one online. Only thing it showed that one offline player was playing a game.. yet in steam that person was online and playing.

Ive noticed that occasionally the plugin reports that some people are offline, but shows that they're playing a game. Logging out and back in typically fixes this. Hard to say if its a steam error, or a connection/reconnection error, or a bug at this point. Ive not noticed any pattern to it yet. Typically its not -all- of my steam list being offline though, its just a few people that i know are actually online.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #393 on: 12 03 2016, 20:58:16 »
Could either be: http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=4436.msg16290#new ; so just a display thing - or it could be a protocol thing - I noticed it sometimes does that if you sign out and in quickly in a row. It will show only very few people online, but if they change state or do anything, the next time the polling thread gets all the info, they will show up online. So, eventually, everyone who is online will show up online.

Offline Ratha

« Reply #394 on: 22 06 2016, 00:22:35 »
Quote from: Robyer on 10 03 2016, 21:01:09

Could you disable your mobile authorization and try it only with e-mail authorization? Just to be really sure it's this problem

A few days ago I moved to mobile Steam auth, and today after downtime on Steam, (presumably after my session expired) Miranda no longer pops up a dialogue box asking for the 5 digit authorization code to login. I believe that this is the same issue that De7ilx posted about back in march. Has there been any progress made in understanding the cause of this bug?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #395 on: 22 06 2016, 06:23:13 »
A few days ago I moved to mobile Steam auth
What does this mean?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Ratha

« Reply #396 on: 22 06 2016, 19:24:43 »
What does this mean?

I started using Steam's Guard's Mobile Authenticator instead of Steam Guard Email notifications. (Due to the 15 day market restrictions that are placed on people who dont use the Mobile Authenticator.)
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030 - Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator

The problem seems to be that that users who are setup to use Mobile auth from their Steam account settings are not receiving the dialogue popup in Miranda to enter their mobile authenticator passcode.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2016, 19:34:15 by Ratha »

Offline Ratha

« Reply #397 on: 30 06 2016, 02:25:19 »
Its starting to look like users who have Mobile Auth enabled for their Steam accounts may have to disable/remove/re-add their mobile auth about every 5-7 days in order to be able to log back in via Miranda. (This is problematic because Steam imposes a trade restriction on your account if you've not had Mobile Auth enabled for more than 7 days.)

As a temporary workaround while we wait for a solution to this problem, would it be possible to manually enter the authorization code/data into Miranda's database via Database Editor++?

It is possible to extract Steam login data from browser cookies and paste it into other 3rd party steam-related programs which sometimes allow/require manual authorization, IdleMaster being a notable example of programs that allow you to do this. Doing so requires the data from the "sessionid" and "steamLogin" browser cookies. These two values appear to contain enough information to log into your Steam account, so manually imputting these into Miranda after getting a fresh login cookie -should- work.

The "sessionid" cookie contains a unique 24 digit alphanumeric code.
The "steamLogin" cookie contains a static 17 digit User-ID, separated by "%7C%7C" and followed by another unique 40 digit alphanumeric code.
Example of steamLogin cookie: 7656119xxxxxxxxxx%7C%7Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miranda has a database entry for "SessionID" which (also) contains a 24 character alphanumeric code like the 'sessionid' cookie.
Miranda has a database entry for "SteamID" which matches the 17 digit prefix data from the "steamLogin" cookie.

The only information that i do not see an entry in the database for is the 40 digit 'steamLogin' suffix code. If i knew where this entry was stored i could test whether or not its possible to manually log into Steam chat by pasting the cookie-based data into Miranda and possibly get around the need to constantly disable and then re-enable Mobile Auth in order to log back in when the token expires.
« Last Edit: 30 06 2016, 06:55:24 by Ratha »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #398 on: 30 06 2016, 06:20:38 »
Ratha, with Steam plugin it is bit more complicated, as we use BOTH website and also mobile api (each one complements some features to other). So theoretically you could use some cookie from browser, but you will lose part of the features anyway.

I'll try to enable mobile auth for my account and see what I can do :-)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #399 on: 30 06 2016, 08:34:27 »
Mobile authorization done :-)

You can wait for next build (tomorrow), or here I compiled it for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9sxi1pw6cv15yk/Steam.7z?dl=1

The following users thanked this post: Vulpix, Ratha

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #400 on: 30 06 2016, 09:25:49 »
Now if only there was a fearless programmer who would make adding/accepting friend requests work on steam again.... hmmmhmm  ::)

x3 thank you for your great work as always though :)

Offline Ratha

« Reply #401 on: 30 06 2016, 11:41:25 »
Many thanks! I downloaded the copy from dropbox and it looks like you've got it working! :)     (Did you mean to include the .PDB files in that package?)

-

While testing the new login functionality I noticed an odd behavior which may have been reported before, but I couldnt find where it'd been talked about so I'll mention it again here just because it might be relevant to something at some point:

With two different copies of Miranda open at the same time and both connected to the same Steam account: The client that logged in most recently does not retrieve the online status of contacts, showing them as offline until their status changes. Oddly, the list is updated on login to show whether or not they are in game. Additionally, if you then go offline on the most recently logged-in client, Miranda fails to update the game status of the people on its contact list (still showing them as playing a game even though you're now offline and shouldnt be able to see their status.) This behavior (only?) seems to happen when there are two accounts connected to the same Steam profile at the same time.
« Last Edit: 30 06 2016, 12:17:57 by Ratha »

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #402 on: 30 06 2016, 11:51:41 »
Yeah, I mentioned this behavior somewhere during the steamweb development too. It also happens if you get disconnected and reconnect too quickly.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #403 on: 30 06 2016, 12:44:12 »
Please make separate tickets on our bug tracker for all these problems :)

Offline sloppdawop

« Reply #404 on: 11 08 2016, 18:12:18 »
how often am i supposed to enter the auth code? Seems like every couple of days. Is that normal? Why is that so?

Thanks for developing this plugin.