Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Steam protocol

<< < (113/114) > >>

Maverick:
Hi,

sometimes it takes 1-3 Minutes and the Plugin disconnects from Steam. A few Days ago i got even IP-Banned from Steam-Chat, because of the frequent re-connects... these happend every few Minutes. When i hover over the Steam Icon on the Statusbar (or by clicking it), it reconnects - just to get disconnected after a while again. (Hovering takes ~2 Seconds, i think its because of the Status Plugin that reconnects).

I did not update Miranda for a while, but im not sure, but this seam to happen since the last 2 or 3 Updates where Steam.dll got updated.

What happens always, that the Plugin disconnects silently from Steam. The Contactlist shows im Online, but im not. When i want to write something to a Contact, i get the Dialog that Steam is not Online. When gets this Bug fixed?

Maverick:
Nice, seems that nobody cares about Plugins anymore?

dartraiden:
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/3112

Vulpix:
This has been resolved.

Thank you very much, @ghazan

(that said, might be worth rewriting the plugin for websocket anyway, who knows? But I suppose implementation of a different protocol would be better to preserve Miranda's lifespan...)

Ratha:

--- Quote from: Maverick on 05 07 2022, 11:08:17 ---What happens always, that the Plugin disconnects silently from Steam. The Contactlist shows im Online, but im not. When i want to write something to a Contact, i get the Dialog that Steam is not Online. When gets this Bug fixed?
--- End quote ---
The connection issue with the disconnects every 1-2 minutes has been fixed.

The issue where Steam protocol silently disconnects and still says you're online even when it will say you're not logged in when you try to send a message, and then will not set you offline; that has not been fixed. Its a bug i reported years ago. But cant seem to find it on the issue tracker at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version