Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 267619 times)

Offline watcher

Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #45 on: 03 06 2014, 16:33:06 »
Nice one.  Thanks for that. :THUMBS UP:

And 9401 brought full code refactoring by author, so watch for regresses.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #46 on: 03 06 2014, 18:36:24 »
Binaries updated to r9406.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #47 on: 03 06 2014, 18:47:18 »
Binaries updated to r9407.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Hancoque

« Reply #48 on: 15 06 2014, 14:48:56 »
I have discovered two issues. My name is not shown correctly in the chat log and history. Instead my "SteamID" (17 numbers) is shown. Also the timestamps seem to be off. I had a conversation and now all my messages are shown before that of my conversation partner (AAA BBB instead of A B A B A B). I guess that has to do with local time being used for my messages and remote time for incoming ones. Even a minute difference can really mess up the order of messages.

Offline watcher

« Reply #49 on: 16 06 2014, 11:16:18 »
Binaries updated to r9412.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #50 on: 17 06 2014, 21:06:07 »
Binaries updated to r9533.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #51 on: 18 06 2014, 16:34:31 »
Binaries updated to r9538.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #52 on: 21 06 2014, 21:21:51 »
Binaries updated to r9547.
Please read forum rules.

Offline mistafist

« Reply #53 on: 22 06 2014, 07:52:57 »
Seems no friends will be shown as online unless the account is deleted and recreated within miranda upon restarting the application (win 8.1 pro x64, miranda nightly 32).  A status change from a friend on the friends list will cause them to show up, at least I think this is what makes them be shown.  I've also had an issue where people that were in a recent game with me will show up in the friends list.  Haven't looked too much into it.

After using it more, seems this is only for a while when first updating?  I'm not sure as my contacts show up now without an issue.
« Last Edit: 28 06 2014, 08:20:57 by mistafist »

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #54 on: 01 07 2014, 09:40:29 »
Any ideas when this protocol will go to official builds? I don't want to use nightly builds, but this stupid Steam chat starting to get on my nerves... :/

Offline watcher

« Reply #55 on: 01 07 2014, 10:34:23 »
Any ideas when this protocol will go to official builds? I don't want to use nightly builds, but this stupid Steam chat starting to get on my nerves... :/

It's not even in nightly builds yet - it will be ready when it will be ready.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #56 on: 01 07 2014, 17:22:58 »
Well, nightly builds shouldn't be used daily, but why don't you just download it and create a new profile with only Steam for a test? The whole purpose of this release policy is to test it and get feedback before it gets released to the public. If everyone is just waiting until it gets released it doesn't get us anywhere. Even if it just works for you, a little comment on that would be appreciated.

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #57 on: 02 07 2014, 05:52:19 »
Umm... I taken "nightly builds only" just like that. I.e., I need to get this build and install Steam here. Is it wrong?

And having such build only for Steam looks slightly wrong... Hmm, but it's not worse than having Steam itself for the same purpose. Then yes, it's possible, actually. Ok, I'll consider this scenario, thank you for the idea. :)

Offline watcher

« Reply #58 on: 02 07 2014, 06:15:42 »
I taken "nightly builds only" just like that. I.e., I need to get this build and install Steam here. Is it wrong?

Within a week there will be a new stable build - so you will be able to use the latest Steam build from forum :) (cause nowdays nightly will become next stable).
Please read forum rules.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #59 on: 02 07 2014, 10:48:53 »
Umm... I taken "nightly builds only" just like that. I.e., I need to get this build and install Steam here.
Yes, thats correct. You should be using it with a clean profile anyways.

And remember, we need much more feedback before it will be released to public.