Author Topic: WhatsApp emojipack (+Apple/Telegram)  (Read 65928 times)

Offline Thug

Re: WhatsApp smiles (need help)
« Reply #15 on: 19 08 2014, 21:04:27 »
Oh, and I'm using the 64-bit Miranda--not sure if this matters, just in case.
Perhaps this is the case - I'm using 32 bit version. Didn't check it, but this made me come up with an idea - I have figured out that I only receive smileys with "em_" in their names correctly.

e417.png - undetected
em_1f617.png -ok
em_1f619.png -ok
e105.png - undetected
e409.png - undetected
em_1f61b.png -ok

And so on...
« Last Edit: 20 08 2014, 06:57:19 by Thug »

Offline Thug

« Reply #16 on: 22 08 2014, 10:15:35 »
Weekend, finally :) I have tried x64 version and got the same result. Don't know why the pack works fine for you - it just shouldn't, because the official app sends the alternative codes that are missing in your pack :) Anyway I gonna finish it. I'll try to add the missing codes this weekend.

Offline alitor

• Jabber: Jabber ID
« Reply #17 on: 22 08 2014, 10:27:48 »
Don't know why the pack works fine for you - it just shouldn't
Well, the answer to this question is in the question itself. If everything is the same, you have to look for what is different, and that would be the reason for why it works for me and doesn't work for you.
1) I use the latest official Android app. Did you update yours? Don't you use an iOS app?
2) I run x64 Miranda on Windows 7 x64. Is this the case for you?
3) Did you alter the original pack I've posted? If so, did you save it in the same coding? What program did you use for editing the msl file?
etc
It still works fine for me and my friends using the official android app.
It would be nice if someone else using miranda could also test the pack, in order to get third-party opinion so to say.

Offline Thug

« Reply #18 on: 22 08 2014, 11:54:03 »
1) Yes, I use the latest official app (on Nokia 305 RM-766)
2) I'm using x32 Miranda on Win 7 x64, but I have tested x64 Miranda too
3) I did't alter your pack

I think the reason is not the receiver (Miranda, OS), but the sender (perhaps the phone model affects how the app works) - for some reason your app sends codes for a group of smileys in softbank format, while as mine sends them all in unified format. I use this table to find corresponding unified-softbank codes. Anyway both variants are correct and should be present in the pack.
« Last Edit: 23 08 2014, 05:03:32 by Thug »

Offline Thug

« Reply #19 on: 24 08 2014, 08:24:27 »
Have finished it :) See the attachment (just the msl for quick research and the full smilepack). It fully works for me.

P.S. This smiley (e50a.png) bothers me - I haven't found it in my phone client. Not sure if it has an alternative code or not.
« Last Edit: 26 08 2014, 11:41:03 by Thug »

Offline mida

Re:WhatsApp smiles (need help)
« Reply #20 on: 01 09 2014, 08:44:32 »
Thank you for your work.
but would be easier if example all smilies in the near and not some up, some in the middle and some at the botton of the list
sorry for my bad english

Offline Thug

« Reply #21 on: 03 09 2014, 08:36:22 »
mida, The smilies are simply sorted by the icon names in alphabetic order :) Only classic yellow round smilies are placed in the beginning. Even so they look quite well sorted. I have thought about sorting them in an order they are presented in the official app , but have abandoned this idea because the SmileyAdd plugin doesn't support division by categories and sorts them in columns rather than lines, which makes it look completely different. Later, perhaps...
« Last Edit: 13 09 2014, 03:02:56 by Thug »

Offline mida

« Reply #22 on: 03 09 2014, 18:18:49 »
for icq smilies i used a white gif on the last line that all real smiles after it on the same position how in original icq7
its not the perfect way but it works and im happy

but here on there many smilies would be nice if one day in future we can use categories example tabs button
« Last Edit: 03 09 2014, 18:21:17 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline Thug

« Reply #23 on: 04 09 2014, 12:32:47 »
Oh, I see.. I think it would be much easier to slightly change the SmileyAdd plugin to sort smileys in lines, first of all...
« Last Edit: 06 09 2014, 04:07:50 by Thug »

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #24 on: 28 09 2014, 12:09:58 »
I agree that emoji sorting (in lines or columns) should be a plugin option. Or a MSL option.

On the other hand, latest MSL is fine to support both encodings of emoji (Softbank and Unified Unicode), but I think that the first choice should be Unified Unicode. Clients using iOS 5 and later send always Unified Unicode encoding, and I don’t see older clients complain.

References:
http://www.iemoji.com/
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/full-emoji-list.html

According to iemoji, U+E50A is "Shibuya 109 Department Store", and it doesn’t have an Unified Unicode translation. Anyway, looks like it’s no use outside Japan.
« Last Edit: 28 09 2014, 12:12:36 by Chungalin »

Offline Thug

« Reply #25 on: 08 10 2014, 12:41:28 »
I think that the first choice should be Unified Unicode
I guess we can only know for sure by testing ancient whatsapp clients... And that Shibuya emoji still bothers me :) Will leave it as it is for now, unless someone encounters any problems.

Anyway, I have finally sorted them in an order they are presented in the official apps! :DRINK: Have placed Shibuya 109 icon according to this old iPhone client screenshot cut. "!!" and "!?" emoji, which are also hidden in the official apps, are placed just before red "!" and "?" like in VK smilepack.

I have also created a ticket (in russian, because I was too lazy to write it in english :Р ) about making linear sorting in SmileyAdd plugin.
« Last Edit: 17 11 2014, 08:34:53 by Thug »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #26 on: 08 10 2014, 14:58:40 »
What do you mean by linear sorting?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline alitor

• Jabber: Jabber ID
« Reply #27 on: 08 10 2014, 17:24:40 »
What do you mean by linear sorting?
I believe he meant that now smileys are listed vertically (in columns), but it'd be more natural if they were located horizontally (in rows).

Offline Robyer

« Reply #28 on: 08 10 2014, 20:03:33 »
It can be sorted horizontally - just enable option "IEview style window" in SmileyAdd options ;)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #29 on: 08 10 2014, 20:20:59 »
Robyer,  he doesn't like the looks of it (the grid)
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.