Customizing Miranda NG (Addons) > Emoticons (Smileys)

WhatsApp emojipack (+Apple/Telegram)

<< < (3/12) > >>

alitor:

--- Quote from: Thug on 19 08 2014, 09:24:19 ---Did you try some algorithm to convert hexademical picture names to unicode symbols?
--- End quote ---
Well, I've just listed names of the smiley files, pasted them in MS Word and used alt+X on each code to convert them. Unfortunately, I don't have any other info about what combinations are used for each of the smiley in WhatsApp.

Thug:
 Actually I have tried to do it manually from scratch, see the progress http://pastebin.com/i2yHnSzh ;D

alitor:

--- Quote from: Thug on 19 08 2014, 09:46:41 --- Actually I have tried to do it manually from scratch
--- End quote ---
That's one of the ways, of course, although it's gonna take forever. And I would leave my symbol specifications untouched, adding those other symbols to them rather than replacing them. That would make the pack work both ways with no problem, like you did in the previous post.
Post Merge: 19 08 2014, 10:14:14
--- Quote from: Thug on 19 08 2014, 09:24:19 ---I have tested your pack and figured out a problem: sending smilies from miranda to of. client works fine, but it is not so fine backwards.
--- End quote ---
Just now out of curiosity tried sending a bunch of smileys to Miranda from the official Android app. All of them were displayed correctly.  ???

Thug:
Strange. I receive this (I have sent myself all the smileys from the first category).

alitor:
Nope, don't have this problem at all.
One thing I forgot to mention when uploading my smiley pack is that when editing the msl file you have to make sure you save it in exactly the same coding system (UTF-16 LE), otherwise it won't work. Maybe this is your case, I don't know. Oh, and I'm using the 64-bit Miranda--not sure if this matters, just in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version