Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > News

Version 0.95.8 has been released

<< < (2/3) > >>

dartraiden:
Stable version got some fixes (also fixed some crashes and database conversion problems).

rophy:
>      DbChecker
>         deprecated. The new database driver dbx_mdbx does not need to be checked.

I need DbChecker because it has the ability to remove duplicate messages. Is there any way to remove duplicate messages in latest version?

Vulpix:
Unfortunately there is not. In a way, once proper message handling is implemented, there should be no need for duplicate messages (primarily because the new db driver allows a key to be paired with every message, that way you can make sure you are not retrieving a duplicate; however current protocols are not yet taking advantage of this change and so you are still gonna see duplicates which you can only remove manually for the time being...)

You can create an issue on github with this feature request.

rophy:

--- Quote from: Vulpix on 12 05 2018, 15:52:35 ---Unfortunately there is not. In a way, once proper message handling is implemented, there should be no need for duplicate messages (primarily because the new db driver allows a key to be paired with every message, that way you can make sure you are not retrieving a duplicate; however current protocols are not yet taking advantage of this change and so you are still gonna see duplicates which you can only remove manually for the time being...)

You can create an issue on github with this feature request.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I submitted an issue https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1351.

riki:
Just an update, not sure it's relevant to the new Miranda version or new dbx driver version.
I had problems with it (see for example https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=5434.msg21410#msg21410 ), because the .dat file was locked and couldn't be backed up with Miranda running.

However it is, since the last update, something has changed. Now, windows can copy the file even with live Miranda, and the db_autobackup plugin started working too!  ;D

I had problems with this locked database issue from the moment I installed it after the database driver change (because I lost some data). Now, I managed to have one auto backup made since the update. I hope it keeps working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version