Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Miranda NG's weird way of tab closing

<< < (2/2)

ghazan:

--- Quote from: Whiplash on 03 02 2014, 08:50:57 ---Auto-join commands will not start your chat-rooms in new tabs. They just makes Miranda to join them.
--- End quote ---
Of course they will. Joining a room automatically creates the appropriate object in memory, that begins to gather all info from a channel. When you open a window, you only visualize that object.

--- Quote from: Whiplash on 03 02 2014, 08:50:57 ---Opening chat-rooms in new tabs you have to perform manually.
--- End quote ---
You can automatically pop up chat windows on start, there's an option for that.

--- Quote from: Whiplash on 03 02 2014, 08:50:57 ---Irritating seconds comes when I'm opening the active channel in a new tab. By default, opening channel in a new tab happens always, because every time you press X, tab will be closed again
--- End quote ---
It's impossible that adding 3-5K lines into a window takes some seconds.

--- Quote from: Whiplash on 03 02 2014, 08:50:57 ---The only problem is that I have to open every channel tab manually for the first time
--- End quote ---
No, there's no such problem, look above.

--- Quote from: Whiplash on 03 02 2014, 08:50:57 ---But chat activity indicator (yellow smiley) has relation with the tab state. If tab is opened, it automatically understands that message has been read. That's not the problem if the tab is in focus, but this is actually happening always. Even if the opened tab is minimized, Miranda will treat its messages as read and the message indicator will not show up. That's why it should work with another logic. It should't show up only when tab is in focus. In all the other situations, it should be there.

--- End quote ---
??? well, I could look into it, if you leave a ticket in a tracker

Whiplash:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 03 02 2014, 11:34:04 ---You can automatically pop up chat windows on start, there's an option for that.
--- End quote ---
Yes, there is the option "Do not pop up the window when joining a chat room". It is unchecked by default. The reason why I had to check it is that it's irritating. I actually don't want anything to pop up and disturb me, especially when many tabs are opening together. One of the biggest problems with this is also disconnecting/reconnecting. Miranda will pop-up all the tabs in those situations too and that's really irritating. That's why I feel more comfortable while doing it manually.
A perfect solution here would be if you could make that new chat rooms are also joined in hidden instead of just in popped-up tabs (windows).

About the chat activity indicator - O.K., I 'll create the ticket.

soopah:
You should look in to using a irc bouncer so that you can log any text lenght you want even when you are disconnected!

http://wiki.znc.in/ZNC (if you can host it)

https://panicbnc.net/ (they provide it for free)

Whiplash:
Let's not complicate things. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version