Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Miranda NG freezes when I type in contact list

(1/2) > >>

riki:
Hello, I am a former Miranda user, I switched to Miranda NG already 6 months ago (maybe more, not sure) and I like the way it works.

I have a problem: in (old) Miranda, I was used to typing the name of a contact when the contact list is in focus. This would select the first matching contact in the list. The response was quick. Now when I do the same, Miranda NG freezes for quite a few seconds, so it is not an effective thing to do, bacause it will make Miranda totally unresponsive. Is there a way around this?

Robyer:
Options / Contact list / Extra (last tab) - uncheck Use improved filtering in contact list  (or something like that, I'm guessing from my translated Miranda).

riki:
No such option in my Miranda... strange. Maybe because I use clist_nicer? Is it an option I can change by editing any config-file?

Robyer:
Oh, yes, it's for clist_modern. Then I don't know what could be wrong - maybe someone else will help.

riki:
Yes, I've verified it works with clist_modern. However, even the other setting (when "use improved filtering in contact list" is checked/on) doesn't introduce a freezing delay. Unfortunately, I don't like clist_modern because it eats much more vertical space so I have to scroll my list all the time, which is uncomfortable. Besides, it appears to be quite a bit slower on my old machine.

So the problem is with clist_nicer. While using clist_nicer, I tried incorporating the (unused) setting "use improved filtering in contact list" into Miranda via db-editor++, (by the way, it's the binary (byte) value /Settings/CLC/FilterSearch) and it doesn't have any effect either set to 0 or 1 - as expected. Miranda still freezes when typing a search straight into the contact list.

However, while experimenting I noticed that soon after switching from clist_modern back to clist_nicer, there is no freezing until the next Miranda restart. So I think the glitch might be within Miranda initialization code itself, and clist_modern in some way resets/cleans the problem, while clist_nicer does not. Just a hint for the developers. Do you think I should post a notice somewhere else in these forums?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version