Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Discord protocol

<< < (8/19) > >>

Vulpix:
I will write up my own "best practices for hazardous materials handling" aka miranda :D When I'm a bit less busy (currently crunch time on a crazy project so I'm pulling personal overtime even during the weekend)

My profile is currently 472 MB, which is 4 247 942 messages according to the HistoryStats plugin. The method I use makes it manageable and doesn't take longer than a few minutes every week (of course takes longer if you detect an issue this way, but even so that makes it manageable since a part of it is having backups).

The gist of it is, there is a plugin called MsgExport which exports any message of any contact into a file (the format is the json format that import plugin knows how to import).

The plugin has a button that lets you export all histories for all users in your db (and it also merges users based on their nick, or manual preferences).

That way you can easily tell if someone removed you, i.e. the filename will be gone, or the file contents will be vastly different compared to that of last week (which is a full export kept for reference). For this comparison I use synchronize mode of Total Commander in "ignore dates / compare by contents" mode. There is a bash script that is necessary first due to some flags, but this method will also discover database corruption and allow you to recover it (for example partial db corruption), which for example just db backups alone will not.

It is the only reason I've not lost any user data during these turbulent times.

I'll write it up in more detail but I think this will do for a rough overview.

My miranda is my life, and the data in it is precious.

yo1999:
I'm sorry if i'l seem stupid, but how do i login into discord with miranda. I look at at the available protocols and don't see it.

Vulpix:
You need to download the protocol first - either via plugin/module downloader through miranda, or from the website. Then you should see it in the available protocols.

Andys:
Is there a way to move or copy channel contact to other groups?
I want to keep few channels in immediate reach (root of contact list) and the big tree branch with other channels collapsed.

Unfortunately if I move channel contact it is moved back as soon as I go offline and back online.

Vulpix:
That is strange. I have this set up myself - I have a group "DiscordChats" and then another group "ChatRooms". All of the discord chats initially land in chatrooms, from where I move the important/intersting ones to "DiscordChats" group. This setting persists through restart of miranda and relogin. Maybe the problem is with them having no group?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version