Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Hangout - how to configure?

(1/3) > >>

gskoczylas:
Until now I used the Jabber plug-in to contact Google Talk. Since the latest version of Miranda this way is no longer available.

How should I configure Miranda to use Google Hangout?

ghazan:
GoogleTalk plugin only catched Google mail notifications.
Since Google stopped sending them through XMPP, this feature became useless, and thus we moved GoogleTalk to deprecated plugins

You can use GmailNotifier plugin to be notified about Google mail, or use simple Jabber plugin to send/receive messages through Google. There is a predefined setting for Google accounts inside Jabber:

gskoczylas:
I downloaded the Jabber plug-in (https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:Jabber/pl). Now I can see the Jabber protocol in the Accounts window, but there is also information Protocol is not loaded and information in the right panel Account is disabled. Please activate it to access options.

So, what should I do to activate this account (my Google account is active)?  :-[

dartraiden:
Turn on the checkbox to the left of it

gskoczylas:
Are you joking?

Just in case you have written this seriously: the protocol is checked-on but it does not have any effect.

Of course Google Talk account is configured (login and password configured in plug-in)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version