Author Topic: Miranda is not communicating with some contacts on FCB Messenger  (Read 86 times)

Offline admin

Hello

I use Miranda NG to communicate on FCB Messenger.

I have several contacts and group chats that I have communicated with for years without issue. However, after a few months, Miranda won't send me a message or display their message for some contacts. For these users, I can see their current online status, but message forwarding is not possible.

The strange thing is not only that I was able to communicate with these accounts without a problem, but also that the group chats, as well as several individual contacts, continue to work without a problem.

I tried to find out what app the dead and working contacts are using, but there is no clue because most are using the official mobile app and some are working, some are not.

Can anyone help me identify the problem?

Offline ellick

Facebook is dead on Miranda since FB instituted encryption on both ends.   FB has a nice app for mobile users but on the desktop, it's terrible.  Unforunately, that's all there is now.   
As you said, you can launch Miranda NG and see the user status but messages can't send or receive.   There are other threads where developers have said they'd need to to see how the encryption works to get passed it.  Facebook messenger is a closed, propriety system.

Offline admin

It would make sense if the communication didn't quite work.

I have some contacts and some groups where communication still works in Miranda