Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Bug reports

Base update stopped to work after today's update

(1/5) > >>

Smiling Spectre:
Today at evening Miranda updated, and got Db_autobackups.dll of 11:36 06.09.2018. (Version 0.1.0.1).

Immediately autobackups stopped to work. No more backups, even if pressing "backup now" button. And regardless of that, every minute autobackup window flashes momentarily (Miranda set to autobackup once per day or on exit).

Something definitely broken now.

Update: seems, base got broken during update. I cannot compact or edit it too. *sigh* Old format was much less fragile...

ghazan:
if you used 0.95.8, you had already converted your db into new format, so you could have problems with that initial format

you can try to create an empty profile and import the 'broken' one into it, then enable auto backup again

--- Quote from: Smiling Spectre on 06 09 2018, 19:56:52 ---seems, base got broken during update
--- End quote ---
no, there's no database update during migration from 0.95.8 to .9

--- Quote from: Smiling Spectre on 06 09 2018, 19:56:52 ---Old format was much less fragile...
--- End quote ---
the problem is that we rolled out 0.95.8 using libmdbx 0.9, which had some problems. now we're using 1.0.2, which is much more solid. so once imported from the old one, your profile will have no problems (hopefully)

Smiling Spectre:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 06 09 2018, 20:30:28 ---if you used 0.95.8, you had already converted your db into new format, so you could have problems with that initial format
--- End quote ---
Well, base updated yesterday without any problems. I worked with Miranda all day. Today evening it updated again, to 0.95.9 build #20730. And something happened, it seems.

--- Quote ---you can try to create an empty profile and import the 'broken' one into it, then enable auto backup again
--- End quote ---
How to create empty profile? I tried to remove old file from Profiles folder. It seems worked, but on import I got something new.

--- Quote ------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Assertion failed!

Program: <program name unknown>
File: mdbx_cmp_int_a2
Line: 6051

Expression: a->iov_len == b->iov_len

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
--- End quote ---
Funny...

It happens on full import or "all contacts and messages", at stage "History import".

If I import contacts only, it works (without history, of course).

- If I import manually, set everything, except contacts and system history, it imports nothing at all.
- If I import system history only, it imports 14 messages (for 5 years, uh?).
- If I import contacts only, it does nothing (maybe because I imported everything before?)
- If I import contacts AND system history, it tries to import contact again, and even adds 24 more. %)
- And if I set Contacts AND History, it crashes just as shown above, right after contact import. What's even funnier, it lost all contacts afterwards - all names set to "Unknown contact".

So my "fragile" remark.

Any ideas?

Also, base _looks_ perfectly right, until I try to use autobackup. I can compact it, I can export settings, I can check history of any random contact. But not backup it.

dartraiden:

--- Quote ---Also, base _looks_ perfectly right
--- End quote ---
Yes, but base was broken in 0.95.8 (libmdbx 0.9). It worked, but it was already damaged inside. "Living dead". Autobackuper "shakes up" database completely and the problem is revealed
Ticket created about Import problem.
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1586
@ghazan will look at it in a week

Smiling Spectre:
Thank you. I will be waiting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version