Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Feature requests

TabSRMM: Improve/rework "SendLater" to become faux offline messaging

<< < (6/6)

Vulpix:
D: buddy pounce crashes my miranda (no crash log). Latest dev buddy pounce + latest dev miranda. Every time the buddy comes on, miranda freezes.

Every time a contact for which I had scheduled a buddy message comes online, my miranda freezes.

Disabling the plugin for now; and really, it's too inconvenient. For offline messages to be worth it, the integration has to be seamless, i.e. you can just start typing to an offline contact like you would speak to an online contact; messages will be delivered when you're both online.

Buddy pounce is rather strange in how it works, and definitely doesn't work seamlessly.

I guess this would really need to be implemented in srmm plugins (like tabsrmm), as they are the ones responsible for message-handling.

Wishmaster:
BuddyPounce is a really old plugin, I'm not sure if it still works, and since almost every protocol used to support real offline messaging, there was not much interest in continuing it. Anyways, the message plugins would have to support such plugins, but they don't have to implement all of the code. I don't really like to duplicate code in all existing message plugins.

AnrDaemon:
The whole thread sounds like there needs to be a callback service in miranda to support such mechanics. A simple proxy that do nothing by default, with an option for plugin to hook onto it and provide any additional services it wishes.

@mida, you can always close the window and tell it "yeah, yeah, I know".

Vulpix:
Well, I suppose my point with tabsrmm was - it pretty much supports this feature already, sort of. It's just not good for the purposes of faux offline messaging -i.e. it gives up too early, it doesn't send my stuff when I'm set as away etc.

Depends on whether someone has the time to look into this or not really; I believe it's a perfectly valid feature :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version