Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Updated to v0.96.4.1 build #26386, can't log onto Jabber server, ICQ status

(1/2) > >>

weblurker:
Hello.

I just updated to the new build. Miranda can no longer log onto the Lightwitch.org Jabber server.
Miranda returns an error message
"JB Error
policy violation
text. Exceeded max failed authentication attempts,
bye."

Edit:
I told a friend about the issue with Jabber. He made sure that Miranda had successfully logged into the LightWitch Jabber server before the Miranda update. After the update, Miranda was no longer able to login. There was a chance that something had changed on the Jabber to cause the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The problem I had before, where "Favorites' was showing a green online icon, has been solved. After the Miranda update, a phantom ICQ account called "Favorites" appeared. I was able to delete that phantom account. My ICQ contact's account is acting normally, showing a green onlnie icon.

ghazan:
weblurker,
a network log would be appreciated, core +Jabber

weblurker:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 09 02 2024, 09:09:19 ---weblurker, a network log would be appreciated, core +Jabber
--- End quote ---

I had Miranda log onto Jabber twice and I've attached the netlog.txt file to this reply.

FWIW, the phantom "Favorite" ICQ account came back when I started Miranda today. I had deleted that phantom account yesterday.

Edit: After exiting Miranda and restarting it, I noticed the netlog.txt file was much larger, with more information. I've attached netlog2.txt to this reply.

dartraiden:
You cannot delete "Favorite" pseudo contact, only hide.

weblurker:

--- Quote from: dartraiden on 09 02 2024, 18:25:53 ---You cannot delete "Favorite" pseudo contact, only hide.
--- End quote ---
When I do a RMB on the Favorites pseudo contact, a delete option appears. But you're right, the deletion is only temporary, the pseudo contact appears the next time Miranda is started.

How do I hide it? I moved the pseudo contact into the General group, is that how it's done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version