Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437933 times)

Offline Monty

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #870 on: 22 04 2016, 13:47:09 »
No chance for a working WhatsApp plugin?

I fully understand that it might be impossible to get it working again – but please just tell us the truth. Just say "... it will not work anymore, Facebook has won!".

Offline dirkschee

« Reply #871 on: 22 04 2016, 14:59:19 »
Yes, unfortunately re-register don't work, too. "Registration failed. Reason: old_version". So I can't login anymore to see at least the user status.  :(

Pity! - But thank you all developers for the great work till DEC 2015.  :THUMBS UP: - WhatsApp without Axolotl encryption (??!) was better, for me/us....... :-\

The following users thanked this post: CleriC

Offline Thug

« Reply #872 on: 22 04 2016, 23:12:05 »
Monty,
I fully understand that it might be impossible to get it working again – but please just tell us the truth.
It work's fine in Pidgin. Still using it. The only reason it doesn't work in Miranda is that no one is working on the plugin -_-

dirkschee,
Yes, unfortunately re-register don't work, too. "Registration failed. Reason: old_version". So I can't login anymore to see at least the user status. 
Whatsapp requieres regular version bump. You can't register/login using the official client either if it is too old. They do so intensionally so that the users always use the up-to-date version. It's not the problem to fix the login function at least, but there is not much sense in it...
« Last Edit: 24 04 2016, 01:41:20 by Thug »

Offline monocolumn

« Reply #873 on: 23 04 2016, 07:58:03 »
https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup to miranda bridge. :)

im no coder and have absolute no plan but there are many a to b apps like vst to winamp, etc.

why not yowsup to miranda ng ?

Offline Monty

« Reply #874 on: 23 04 2016, 08:34:26 »
It work's fine in Pidgin. Still using it.
Thank you for that information. I didn't want to change from Miranda to Pidgin, but it seems that I have to. :-/

The only reason it doesn't work in Miranda is that no one is working on the plugin -_-
That's really a pity. From time to time the plugin updater shows an update for WhatsApp.dll, but it's obviously an error.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #875 on: 23 04 2016, 09:55:18 »
If it showed you an update then there was one. It was not a mistake.
« Last Edit: 23 04 2016, 10:02:42 by Goraf »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #876 on: 23 04 2016, 15:46:45 »
That's really a pity. From time to time the plugin updater shows an update for WhatsApp.dll, but it's obviously an error.
You can see changes here: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/log/trunk/protocols/WhatsApp?rev=16757 Usually there are some global changes that as a result affects many plugins, that's why there was new version. But just not for WhatsApp plugin directly.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #877 on: 24 04 2016, 16:50:06 »
Is there a way to Export the Contacts from the Plugin for the real WhatsApp?

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #878 on: 24 04 2016, 21:03:09 »
[?]
Is there a way to Export the Contacts from the Plugin for the real WhatsApp?
Didn't test but with user info ex there is an option to export contacts as vcf

Offline sh

« Reply #879 on: 28 04 2016, 06:32:47 »
I didn't want to change from Miranda to Pidgin, but it seems that I have to. :-/

Pidgin plugin developer has quit, too. It's only a matter lf time wa-purple stops working also.
https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple/issues/407

Offline monocolumn

« Reply #880 on: 11 05 2016, 00:39:58 »
i'm using pidgin atm and it works.
it runs for 12hrs now and no ban, etc.
but whatsapp will lock out old clients at the end of the year and i think then its definitive over.

sad that zuckerberg allows all this shit.
he spends his money but on the other side his employees terrorize the world with "security".

Offline leecher

« Reply #881 on: 26 05 2016, 06:37:20 »
Is this just a matter of implementing Axolotl into the protocol or is there more about it?
And if so, why isn't this possible?
I see that there are some libraries out there who seem to support whatsapp protocol (i.e. https://github.com/mgp25/Chat-API), why not port them to C?

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #882 on: 26 05 2016, 08:29:51 »
We already have a libaxolotl, someone just needs to implement it in WhatsApp.

Offline leecher

« Reply #883 on: 28 05 2016, 08:33:04 »
I saw that in SVN tree, therefore I wondered why nobody took the task yet? Do we have a lack of devs? :-/

Offline Monty

« Reply #884 on: 28 05 2016, 08:50:44 »
Do we have a lack of devs? :-/
Unfortunately yes!
Maybe they also see no necessity any more for a WhatsApp plugin. I don't know.