Author Topic: Popups for message events have stopped showing up  (Read 3220 times)

Offline theTester

Popups for message events have stopped showing up
« on: 08 02 2017, 08:28:54 »
As the title says, popup notifications (for incoming messages) have stopped showing up. I've had them set up so that the last received message is always displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen, until I right-click to dismiss it, or left-click it to read it. Since setting it up, I haven't touched the settings, nor have I added any other plugin. How can I resolve this problem? I know it might be a pretty basic stuff, but I have no idea how to solve it.

I'm using Miranda-NG for GTalk / GoogleHangouts / Jabber, and my popup settings are shown on the screenshot below. Clicking on Live Preview or Preview does absolutely nothing.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: 08 02 2017, 15:14:48 by Apollo2k4 »

Offline theTester

Re: Popups for message events have stopped showing up
« Reply #1 on: 01 03 2017, 13:47:25 »
Anyone?

Offline Robyer

Re:Popups for message events have stopped showing up
« Reply #2 on: 01 03 2017, 15:57:27 »
Try to uncheck the:

Disable when: [ ] Fullscreen mode

Perhaps you use some new application, like antivirus or similar, which makes Miranda think you are in fullscreen mode.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline theTester

Odp: Popups for message events have stopped showing up
« Reply #3 on: 06 03 2017, 12:17:56 »
Hm, nope. I've unchecked it, and still nothing. No new software (or updates) either. I must have messed up the settings at some point. Guess I could reset everything, but setting it up again would be pretty time consuming, and I still wouldn't know what caused it in the first place. :|

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 06 03 2017, 12:43:24 »
theTester, you can import/export settings easily via Database Editor++. Also, you should just verify that it really works in clean Miranda profile as it could have been broken by some Miranda update.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline theTester

« Reply #5 on: 29 03 2017, 06:15:11 »
Sorry for taking this long to reply.

I've done a clean installation of the latest version (0.95, 64bit) on another PC, and it works as I'd expect it to - the popups show up, and stay on the screen for as long as it's defined in the settings. So, instead of figuring out what went wrong, I decided to reinstall it on this PC, and manually set every option. It took me a while, but everything works fine now.