Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Popups for message events have stopped showing up

(1/2) > >>

theTester:
As the title says, popup notifications (for incoming messages) have stopped showing up. I've had them set up so that the last received message is always displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen, until I right-click to dismiss it, or left-click it to read it. Since setting it up, I haven't touched the settings, nor have I added any other plugin. How can I resolve this problem? I know it might be a pretty basic stuff, but I have no idea how to solve it.

I'm using Miranda-NG for GTalk / GoogleHangouts / Jabber, and my popup settings are shown on the screenshot below. Clicking on Live Preview or Preview does absolutely nothing.

Spoiler[close]

theTester:
Anyone?

Robyer:
Try to uncheck the:

Disable when: [ ] Fullscreen mode

Perhaps you use some new application, like antivirus or similar, which makes Miranda think you are in fullscreen mode.

theTester:
Hm, nope. I've unchecked it, and still nothing. No new software (or updates) either. I must have messed up the settings at some point. Guess I could reset everything, but setting it up again would be pretty time consuming, and I still wouldn't know what caused it in the first place. :|

Robyer:
theTester, you can import/export settings easily via Database Editor++. Also, you should just verify that it really works in clean Miranda profile as it could have been broken by some Miranda update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version