Author Topic: Change wiki license from CC-BY-NC-SA to CC-BY-SA  (Read 6004 times)

Offline dartraiden

Change wiki license from CC-BY-NC-SA to CC-BY-SA
« on: 18 01 2017, 14:34:34 »
-NC prohibits commercial use. Because of this we can not use the image and text from Wikipedia and Wikipedia can not use our content (Wikipedia licensed under CC-BY-SA).

Miranda's code under GNU GPL, which does not prohibit the commercial use. So why we should prohibit commercial use of wiki content?

Offline Goraf

Re: Change wiki license from CC-BY-NC-SA to CC-BY-SA
« Reply #1 on: 18 01 2017, 21:36:06 »
Which version of CC-BY-SA? 3.0? 4.0?
And would be great to hear other's opinion. Even simple yes/no

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #2 on: 18 01 2017, 23:27:41 »
Which version of CC-BY-SA? 3.0? 4.0?
Not very important, but 4.0 is better. If I am not mistaken, each SA license permits upgrade to any later version of the same CC license.

Offline Robyer

Re:Change wiki license from CC-BY-NC-SA to CC-BY-SA
« Reply #3 on: 05 02 2017, 10:31:23 »
I agree with changing it to CC-BY-SA (4.0).

Miranda's code under GNU GPL, which does not prohibit the commercial use. So why we should prohibit commercial use of wiki content?
I don't think there will be anything commercially interesting anyway and as it helps/allows sharing content from/with Wiki and other such platforms, it is definitely good change.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 05 02 2017, 17:40:44 »
If it helps Wiki - i agree.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #5 on: 06 02 2017, 19:35:45 »
Done!