Author Topic: [Answered] "Change Status" Option - New Away System Mod  (Read 4245 times)

Offline tjh

I use the New Away System Mod. It's great.

I have a feature request though.

For the "Online" status - I have the unselected within the box that says "Don't show the message dialog for" Online.

This is because, when my laptop loses connection etc, I want it to go back online automatically.  It's _really_ annoying having the "Change Status" window popping up when I don't expect it (because Miranda has gone back online automatically after network loss).  I want it to just use the previous status message.

The problem I have with this option selected is, I can find no other way to change my status message, other than to tick this box and change it.

Therefore: Feature request: When selecting a status with the shift key held down, pop up the box asking for the status text anyway.  Or give a menu option or key combination to change it.  That way it won't pop up when I go online automatically, but I can still easily change the text when I actually want to.

Or am I missing an option/feature for how to do this already?
« Last Edit: 18 01 2017, 00:24:26 by tjh »

Offline Vulpix

Re: "Change Status" Option - New Away System Mod
« Reply #1 on: 17 01 2017, 08:20:47 »
What about the default status menu? :o

Offline tjh

« Reply #2 on: 17 01 2017, 08:23:11 »
Hmmm - it suffers from the same issue?

I guess this is a Miranda feature request then, not a module specific one?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 17 01 2017, 23:37:42 »
tjh, I'm not sure about New Away System Mod, but Simple Status Message plugin can do what you want. Did you tried it? Or do you miss some feature from New Away System Mod there?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline tjh

« Reply #4 on: 18 01 2017, 00:19:54 »
I haven't tried it, I will do so.
Thank you.

Offline tjh

« Reply #5 on: 18 01 2017, 00:24:00 »
This is a lovely plugin and does exactly what I want.

Thank you!

It doesn't miss anything from New Away System Mod at all - it supports variables etc and I can manually tell Miranda to ask me for a status message.

Lovely. Thanks again.