Author Topic: Over the last few days, skypeweb seems to not be able to log into skype very wel  (Read 3948 times)

Offline thosrtanner

Once I have poked it a few times its fine, but I need to go online in the main window two or three times for it to sort itself out, and get the correct status of my friends in skype, and for it to stick - it'll often go blue in the main window then complain I'm not logged in when I first try to chat.
« Last Edit: 12 12 2016, 14:54:40 by thosrtanner »

Offline David

Uhm....r u sure it doesn't depend on somethin on your side?
Personally i did not have any issues...

Offline thosrtanner

well, the only think i noticed on my side was a skypeweb update a few days ago

Offline Vulpix

I have these issues as well. Very often, I'll have to stop trying to log in and just wait a few minutes, then I can log in again normally. I thought it was related to having to restart miranda but it just seems to be (perhaps) some kind of flood control from skypeweb or I dunno. Basically if I don't log in on the first attempt, I have to give up for about 5 minutes. And Skypeweb also doesn't stay connected much at all. Not sure why this is.

Offline thosrtanner

Dunno if this is related but after today's updates, the skype status is now locked and doesn't follow the rest of the protocols (I assume it's the online/offline/etc status, rather than the account status. that possibly wasn't the best word to use).

*Update* No sorry, just me. Somehow I managed to click the name on the status sub-menu and lock it. It seems to be easier to do that than to work out how to undo it.
« Last Edit: 12 12 2016, 14:46:02 by thosrtanner »

Offline sh

Same here.
Skypeweb does not login anymore since some time ago.

Offline thosrtanner

Fun. Today I couldn't log in to skype at all and I had to start skype separately, then i could use miranda fine

Offline SirNasso

Hi guys,
I've been having the same problem for a while.Sometimes it can connect after 2-3-4-5 attempts.But sometimes it takes more than 15-20.Half of the time it changes status to online,and it actualy isn't.I'm using the latest versions of MirandaNG and skypeweb plugin.

Offline thosrtanner

I find it won't reliably log in unless I have the official skype client running, in which case it's fine. It will often log me out after inactivity and then I can't log back in unless I start the official (windows) skype client

Offline SirNasso

In my case it doesn't matter if the skype app is runnig or not.It still can't connect until several attempts (sometimes more than 10).

Offline Vulpix

Yeah the skypeweb protocol (but also the skype protocol itself) is utter garbage. I gave up on it... Discord/Tox/Steam for everyone.

Offline thosrtanner

In my case it doesn't matter if the skype app is runnig or not.It still can't connect until several attempts (sometimes more than 10).

I'm not nearly as patient as you!. I give up after two or three tries

Offline SirNasso

Last night I tryed something and it worked.When Miranda disconnects or can't connect to skype,I open my broser and login through web skype.Then suddenly Miranda works too.

Offline Robyer

Please post this as issue to our bug tracker, if it's not already there: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.