Author Topic: New update for stable version (17336) overwrites specific settings  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Testertime

Hey there! :)

Thanks for the update. But I fear you rolled it out to the stable channel a bit too quickly, because it overwrites a few settings. That will confuse users who just want to use the program without changing anything from time to time. I haven't taken a detailed look at this update, but I would like to post this right away so that you are aware of the unwanted side effects of this update. So far I have seen these bugs or possibly unwanted changes:

- Contact list is set on foreground mode by default, this wasn't the case before the program has been updated. This setting got activated: Options > Contact list > Window > Always on top
- Avatar pictures are hidden by default. Is this really intended? This looks like a bug. This setting got disabled: Contact list > Row items > Avatar > Show avatar
- A glitch has been introduced and was already (partially) there since the stable build 17000. If I open up the service discovery (Jabber) and I'm rightclicking the server name entry and choose "View vCard", then the contact list has no avatar pictures anymore. The new window also has the name "Unknown contact" and for a fraction of a second there was also a contact entry called "Unknown contact", but it disappeared in just a few milliseconds again. This doesn't look right

I can create tickets for these problems, but I would like to see if that makes sense. And it seems that most people are here and not at the bug tracker.

Thanks in advance! There are a few pictures at the attachments
« Last Edit: 27 09 2016, 20:25:10 by Testertime »

Offline Robyer

- Contact list is set on foreground mode by default, this wasn't the case before the program has been updated. This setting got activated: Options > Contact list > Window > Always on top
- Avatar pictures are hidden by default. Is this really intended? This looks like a bug. This setting got disabled: Contact list > Row items > Avatar > Show avatar

This happened because I have changed the defaults to have better user experience for new profiles (see Facebook post). And I didn't realize it will affect the existing users too, but currently there is no simple way to apply such change only for new profiles. So it's not a bug.

I can create tickets for these problems, but I would like to see if that makes sense. And it seems that most people are here and not at the bug tracker.
For the jabber glitch you should create a ticket to our bug tracker.

You did it correctly - if you are unsure, discuss it on forum first. But then always create a ticket, otherwise it will be forgotten here. It's probably true that devs talk more here than on tracker, but once in a while they go through the issues there too.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.