Author Topic: Graceful Automatic Shutdown  (Read 2178 times)

Offline tjh

Graceful Automatic Shutdown
« on: 15 09 2016, 01:20:58 »
Hi All,

Trying to figure out a way to nicely shutdown Miranda NG, every weekday, at 5pm.

I've tried two things, neither of which do what I want:

The CmdLine addon, which gives a command line way of shutting down Miranda.  I can call the MimCmd.exe quit command just fine from the Windows CLI and it works.  But trying to get it to work from Task Scheduler, it just refuses to do anything.  I can't figure out how to debug it any better either.

I've also tried the AutoShutdown plugin, but it doesn't have anyway of saying "Do this at 5pm everyday, no matter what".

Does anyone have any nice easy way to shutdown Miranda IM Monday-Friday at a certain time?

I want a clean shutdown because I'll be doing this every day.  My Miranda lives on a Dropbox, and I like to know that it shut down properly so that when I get home and fire it up on my home laptop, I can kick off from where I left.  I've been using pskill from SysInternals but I'm hoping for a better way.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Offline Robyer

Re:Graceful Automatic Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: 15 09 2016, 02:28:46 »
Maybe you can use http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:Actman
I think (but I'm not 100% sure) it has option to plan action to repeat on some time - so you can plan starting service: CallService("CloseAction", 0, 0);

But having this feature directly in Auto Shutdown seems reasonable - maybe add ticket (feature request) on our bug tracker so someone can implement option for "repeating shutdown".

Also not working MimCmd from Task Scheduler sounds weird. I just tried it and it works for me. My setting: http://imgur.com/NK9024S
« Last Edit: 15 09 2016, 02:39:39 by Robyer »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline tjh

Re: Graceful Automatic Shutdown
« Reply #2 on: 15 09 2016, 03:19:51 »
Yea, I just can't get it to work - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I've Windows 10, Anniversary Edition.

My settings look exactly like that.

Thank you for your suggestion about ActMan - it's a useful plugin too but it doesn't quite have the repeating weekday thing I'm looking for.

I will keep working with MimCmd.  I must be doing something really stupid, but I can't figure out what!

Thanks for help.

Offline tjh

Re: Graceful Automatic Shutdown
« Reply #3 on: 15 09 2016, 03:25:15 »
I just created a new task, exactly the same, and it works fine with MimCMD.  >:(

I'm very sorry, what a waste of a thread.

Appreciate the help.